zeroaccess.hi removal help/walkthrough

MetroidSnacks

Thread author
Apr 26, 2013
i would like some help to remove this trojan as i am really nervous and if you would walk me through this process it would be much appreciated also would it be alright to keep the infected computer unhooked from the internet and transfer any files via usb and post it on this laptop that i am currently using
final question as i am trying to download combofix google chrome says that it appears malicious should keep it or find another download source i downloaded from the how to completely remove Zeroaccess/sirefef guide page

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    101.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Extras.Txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 148
  • aswMBR.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 105
  • McAfee trojan detected.png
    McAfee trojan detected.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 236
  • hijackthis report.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 141

MetroidSnacks

Thread author
Apr 26, 2013
i am at the combofix step and i am facing a little problem how can i restart combofix so that it starts again from the beginning because i want to make sure that no antivirus/antispyware software is running

MetroidSnacks

Thread author
Apr 26, 2013
thanks for all of your support i went through all of the steps and it looks as if Zeroaccess.hi has been removed i ran the eset online scanner and no issues came up so it that a safe assumption that the rootkit has been removed or is there another check that i can do, other than the Emsisoft Emergency Kit since i am having trouble downloading it, to make sure that Zeroaccess.hi has been removed completely
again thanks for the support

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.