Troubleshoot Zeus Virus has infected my Apple iPad - June 6, 2016

apercu

Thread author
Jun 5, 2016
Need assistance removing Zeus virus from Apple iPad via my desktop computer (iPad browser screen is locked - can't access internet).

A

Alkajak

I can confirm that it is not a Zeus trojan, it only affects Windows OS, not iOS.

When you say iPad browser screen is locked, do you mean it is stuck on Safari? Can you access anything on the iPad?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Are you able to provide a photo of your iPad's screen? Were you using Safari at the time?

Can you get back to the Homescreen, if yes, try:
  1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down to Safari
  3. Advanced
  4. Website Data
  5. Tap on 'Remove All Website Data'
If you cannot, force restart your iPad:
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
@apercu these steps should fix your issue. Basically that alert is nothing more than a attempt to make you can a fake support number. DO NOT call that number, and instead follow the above steps.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.