Zip software. Computer bad.. trying to zip some files

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher_girl

Thread author
Verified
Jun 1, 2013
Hi. I've also posted under Malware help because I got the US Dept virus. Whether it's related or not my cd rom drive is corrupted. Since I can't copy files to it I am hoping to zip just the files I really need and attach them to an email file and send them to a non-infected computer. I don't want that person to open them, just save them and forward the files back to me once/if my 'puter is fixed.

A while back I downloaded WinZip 17. That was a free trial and it has expired. I really don't have the cash to pay for it or anything else. I saw on CNET a 7-zip program yet I saw some comments that it had spyware.

I don't have a zip drive device. Beyond that, does anyone have a good zip solution? Thank you for any and all help! -fisher_girl (catch and release)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
7-Zip is a good open source version of zipping software. That would be the one I would use if I wasn't using WinZip.

fisher_girl

Thread author
Verified
Jun 1, 2013
McLovin said:
7-Zip is a good open source version of zipping software. That would be the one I would use if I wasn't using WinZip.

Thank you for the confirmation and replying to my question. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If though you are having problems with malware, it's best seek help from our professionals. :)

To get help, click this link.

fisher_girl

Thread author
Verified
Jun 1, 2013
McLovin said:
If though you are having problems with malware, it's best seek help from our professionals. :)

To get help, click this link.

Thank you... am already posted under malware help here on this site. My passion for trying to beat this virus on my own with the wonderful help of the dedicated volunteers on this site is slowly slipping away with each wall that seems to slam in front of me. I need to remember patience is a virtue! Thanks again! :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello, Were you experiencing any problems uploading to the attachment system?

+1 for 7-zip.org software, even if the UI and icons are dated.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
7-Zip is one of the kind simple extraction application, without any complications.

Or check other alternatives here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.