App Review Zone Alarm Free AntiVirus and Firewall Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Zone Alarm Free AntiVirus and Firewall Review
Uploaded to YouTube by ThePCSecurity

Kindly N.B.
The review of this software is not carried out by me.
Any questions or criticisms should be directed to the author of the video.
These videos are posted for the communities education and for entertainment value only :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Despite of 24 hours cycle updates, the feature for "Advance Browser Protection" is really capable on prevention for web threats but when it comes for detection it needs the behavior/heuristics or signatures to detect it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The Advanced Download Protection looks like for Internet Explorer only?

I think the main problems are the high RAM usage (over 100MB), slow download processing with the advanced heuristics taking even longer.

Thanks for posting this, I was tempted to try this but the high RAM usage put me off completely.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I was sorely tempted to test this but that review alone has put me off :(
CIS still miles advanced in the free security market IMHO.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I assume that the browser protection could work on Firefox and IE, buy not sure for Chrome since its become an issue before.

Unless its everything changed.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
zonealarm is and has been a garbage for couple of years now.

sorry for my language ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.