App Review ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

URL:

ZoneAlarm has blocked ONLY one URL !
Ransomware is missed. The PC is blocked and the file is crypted. ZoneAlarm does not blocked the malware. It's a fail.

Malware Pack: Untested.

RAM Usage : No ! ZoneAlarm is very heavy

Advice: Poor result => 0/5

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
:eek: I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should give -5/5 with these results.......

Reactions: Manzai

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
oh My its a Epic Fail for ZoneAlarm they need to inprove a lot the ram is too heavy​

Last edited:

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I think you are the best AV Software reviews for test malware in this forum. you very clearly tell the AV features and tested with well procedures. you test some forbidden sites and malware samples with very clear. Good job brother :)

Reactions: Manzai and MikeV
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
< ironic mode on > Otherwise all good, right ? < ironic mode off>
Great Manzai , reputed as firewall for such poor work results . Thanks for the review

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Interesting review to watch. :) I agree that Zone alarm has a lot to work on some of its components, but this result is quite strange given that Zone Alarm uses Kaspersky's engine, and in other detection tests they perform the same. Maybe they had some bad luck here?

Anyway, I hope they do improve some of their components, because they have some interesting features in their paid suite. The threat emulation component is worth a shot. It provides an enterprise grade sandbox analysis system, and I feel like using it for fast malware analysis:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.