Battle Best Antivirus 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I must agree with the "no best antivirus" statements. Considering that every person has a strength and a weakness, if one person had all strengths and no weaknesses, wouldn't that throw off the human race- everybody would be choosing that one guy for a job and nobody actually weighing the options?

Same with the antiviruses. If one was lightweight, strong in detection and protection, had an awesome interface, would always top the lists, and on and on, wouldn't all the others get discontinued? Frankly, it would get boring if everybody used ESET, Kaspersky, Avast, etc.

Then you have to consider that every person likes different features more than others. I like a balanced architecture of an antivirus, OK at everything but not the best. ESET tops out the balanced category as it is ok in interface, protection and detection, lightness. Somebody who really needs a lightweight protector and doesn't care as much about how good its protection is might choose a lighter antivirus.

Jimmy HendriX

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2014
What is the best Antivirus of 2015 (so far)? (Free And Paid)

1016575_933120830074039_1109487551359332212_n.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I cannot pick which is the best but it should be place according to their known characteristics:

Install and forget: It goes to Norton based on my experience,

Tweaks for complex configuration: Kaspersky (Application Control), ESET (HIPS), Avast ( Deep Screen and Hardened Mode), Comodo (Trio components)

Free product that contains lots of features: Qihoo 360, Avast, and Comodo

Accurate cloud reputation component: Norton, ESET, and Avast

Multi engine efficiency: Qihoo 360

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I know that these threads are a bit tiring for some members and they don't like them but in my opinion the solution is pretty easy.

If you don't like a thread don't participate.

Because there are other members that they want to enter in this so called battle "which is better..." and they want to say their opinion.

Don't get me wrong anyone should say what they think but for me if i don't like a thread i don't participate.

Now for the pole i would vote for Emsisoft AM because it's light on my system and basically it's an install and forget AV.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I know that these threads are a bit tiring for some members and they don't like them but in my opinion the solution is pretty easy.

Because there are other members that they want to enter in this so called battle "which is better..." and they want to say their opinion.

Don't get me wrong anyone should say what they think but for me if i don't like a thread i don't participate.
Well said, bro.

S

Sr. Normal

It's like a wheel, it's a conversation that turns , always turning . If you participated in many , you no longer want , but if you participated in short is a very attractive topic.

I love it because you can always learn something new.

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
I've tried Bit Defender, Kaspersky and Trend Micro and found them using up lots of system resources on my PC, but
that's me...prefer either ESET NOD32 or Emsisoft very light and easy interface and although I'm still an old school WIN 7
OS user, as long as you keep updating your favorite AV, it really doesn't matter which "IS" best.;)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

Now for the pole i would vote for Emsisoft AM because it's light on my system and basically it's an install and forget AV.

The Wise men once used the "Search this forum" function. A healthy debate on a particular thread is better than threads scattered here and there.

Moreover we already knew the outcome of this poll before it was already started, because just like every other thread over every other year, it's going to be ESET>Qihoo>Kaspersky/Emsisoft/Avast. Like I said, the poll is not going to be about The Best Antivirus [I'm not sure if that even exists], but My Favorite Antivirus.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
No best. Depends on what the user needs and expertise. Each system environment is different.
From experienced, what works best on many setups.
Paid: ESET
Free: Avast

H

hjlbx

Those results are nothing but results from a reactive detection test.

It's a crock... only tests one part of a security solution.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
The best is one that you can work with using the least effort. There are too many malicious files out there to determine the best antivirus, unless in the future we develop a way to log and check every single virus known and cross reference with all the virus databases of the various AVs will we then be able to know the best antivirus. A lot of people go by the detection ratio of the AVs to determine how good it is, but just as many people argue how flawed this method is (not executing the file/sample size too small for real world comparison). I'm sure we all have our opinions on what the best antivirus is, but the fact remains that there is no best antivirus, there are only good and not so good ones. It's really up to you to decide what is best for your computer and the user habits.

mojaveron

Level 1
Verified
Nov 27, 2013
I have paid Licenses for Bit Defender AV , ESET NOD32AV, and have currently been running KIS2015 four months now with out a single problem and don't feel any system impact at all. I can't understand all the comments about Kaspersky being heavy on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.