COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

I am in installition process, they removed PrivDog in the installition package, good point +1
x8Lz76h.png

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Is there any screenshot available please?
Only CIS is available in beta? What about Comodo Antivirus?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Mike- Actually Comodo AV is there. They used a consolidated installer for the Beta- you can just check the AV for the AV, check the Firewall for the Firewall, and check both to equal Comodo Internet Security.

The one issue so far I have is that in version 7 when running at Full V any application that was running actively in the Sandbox would have a green border around it, making it quite obvious what was occurring and negating any reason to have the Sandbox alert popup. With this Beta (the sandbox is set at Full V by default) the green border is gone and one must use the popups to realize what is happening.

Pity as I hate popups and love green (matches my eyes).

Addendum- I take back the lack of Green Border comment as it is still there- guess the lighting wasn't the best on my initial trial.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

Melih should stop with this Metro Interface bullsh*t and give us a more manly interface. Because the current interface looks like a child's application or game software, not like a security software... (This is happening with most AVs anyway)

Why the heck the user interface remains the same since CIS V6 despite A LOT of people don't like it?

Melih should bring back the Shield shaped icons, since CIS is about prevention and protection, the interface should reflect this a bit more... Stop with this metro interface bullsh*t!! bring back the shield shaped icons!! bring back the old gold V5 era!! bring back the simple and effective interface that scream SECURITY SOFTWARE!!
There is 3 interface in Comodo. Classic, Tile, Modern Themes.

Y

yigido

and the 3 of them are based on Metro and does not look like a security software. Besides, a lot of users are facing GUI Lags with this interface in CIS that exists since CIS 6 and COMODO does not even change it... In my opinion the interface should be re-built from scratch to look more like V4/V5 interface...

GUI lags problem: forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/mellih-please-read-it-about-my-sadness-using-cis7-t105705.0.html
If these GUI lags still happen in version 8. You can report it into the BUG REPORTS section into their forum.

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Since the last patches of MS (Windows 8.1) Comodo doesn't work correctly on my PC....neither the current nor the beta version....
I can install it....but Comodo doesn't start....

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
You're welcome :)
I have the same bug.
I can make a little tool for do this if peeple want ^^

noelis

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I hope that this bug will be removed soon, because comodo ist the best FW for me.....

Reactions: silversurfer

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Hi Stephen!- Just saw your message here today (as I'm about to report a bug). The configuration is simplicity itself with this version- Enable the Sandbox (Full V is the only setting now, Thank God) and disable the HIPS (you really don't need this is Full V). The Firewall is already in Safe Mode which is fine.

Further playing around of the settings is really not needed. Oh, and bring the Reset taskbar button to the main GUI ribbon.

Now on to the bug- a file is run and is immediately sandboxed, it then spawns a file au-.exe into the virtual drive. This file starts what appears to be an installation routine that actually only takes a listing of all files in the directory where the parent resides and deletes them. This should not occur, and does not in CF version 7 (nor with Sandboxie).

Although I did just report this on the Comodo Beta forum, it is hard to make some there understand.

Reactions: NSG001 and Av Gurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.