COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I just played around a bit with this malware mentioned above and noted that it can be easily recoded to take a listing of other directories and force the deletion of files there (although not system files, which are protected by UAC). So my suggestion is that NO ONE SHOULD USE the beta at this time until a fix comes in (it should be real easy for them- the Full V sandbox is version 7 is not effected).

Although I really want to stay on top of this issue, I will be leaving in a few days to ride herd on a bunch of Geeks at a recently breached retailer changes from what they were using to something that actually protects; so I will be gone for a month or two so won't be active on the board (Pity their IT guys- the Ice Princess Cometh).

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What does "Viruscope Recognizers grid in ASE" mean and stand-for?

Are the Comodo Beta boards restricted to registered members only?

Y

yigido

What does "Viruscope Recognizers grid in ASE" mean and stand-for?

Are the Comodo Beta boards restricted to registered members only?
Only forum members can see Beta Corner of the forum so only members can see BETA. Publishing the link of the beta out of this corner is against forum rules of Comodo. But here is MT :)
And Comodo has Star Group members, these speacial board can access closed betas to check the betas in first hand. Maybe they know this?
I predict it, it is Viruscope db in Advanced Settings, because it was not in the previous beta.
See
aBnWj2.png

Reactions: Av Gurus

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Just a quick note- The issue that I found in beta 1 still persists in Beta 2, namely that a malware file can be coded so that it can get a listing of files in the directory where the malware resides and reach through the sandbox to delete the files present.

As this is a troubling (and still unresolved) issue, please don't use the current beta on production systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.