Jul 12, 2014

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Will update to this version after I'm back on my Windows. Have only started using this yesterday and being that I'm on Linux often so I can reliably use VirtualBox haven't got much of a chance to test it. It seems to detect everything being that it has it's own engines plus the ability to lookup what other AV's think. The only thing I really have to test is it performance alongside other AV's (which currently would be ESET).

Keep up the good work. I will also add that it is only detected as malicious by Qihoo and Clam AV on VirusTotal. I wouldn't worry about it though. Hybrid Analysis shows the common signs of what an AV/AM does. All good. Thank you for the update.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Downloading ... Thanks @Kardo Kristal :)

@Sr. Normal Thank you. :)

Just updated, so good, thanks for your work @Kardo Kristal :)

Thanks @Klipsh ;)

Will update to this version after I'm back on my Windows. Have only started using this yesterday and being that I'm on Linux often so I can reliably use VirtualBox haven't got much of a chance to test it. It seems to detect everything being that it has it's own engines plus the ability to lookup what other AV's think. The only thing I really have to test is it performance alongside other AV's (which currently would be ESET).

Thank you for the information @OokamiCreed Please let me know about performance/resource usage. I hope it is good on your machine. ESET should work perfectly with Crystal Security and it is also a very good choice. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.120 released

Changelog
  • Improved "Settings" section
  • Fixed several reported bugs

This is stable version of Crystal Security

If you would like to translate program to other language then feel free to contact me at any time.

Two different types of downloads

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.120
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.120

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo
Will be sent to Comodo for whitelisting.
They still didn't process the previous version.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Thank you for the information [USER=36266]@OokamiCreed Please let me know about performance/resource usage. I hope it is good on your machine. ESET should work perfectly with Crystal Security and it is also a very good choice. :)

Regards,
Kardo[/USER]

So far in terms of overall performance, it is better than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with real time turned on. At idle, it also uses about 2/3 the RAM of Malwarebytes. 60MB idle, 92MB (give or take) while activately performing tasks. No system slow down, RAM usage is very acceptable considering it's lighter than other second opinion on real time/on demand scanners and works with AV as well as other mature second opinion scanners. It also has way too many good features to pass up on and give user 100% control if they want it with the click of the mouse.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I'll do a Crystal Security test soon. (either a written one or I'll share results with you privately). Although, I recon it will do well.

Okay @kram7750 . Waiting for your feedback. :)

@Everyone: Thanks for all the valuable feedback and support. It is a really good and helpful community and it is one of my favorite forum. Got many friends, followers, feedback and great suggestions here. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.