Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
If it is the cloud that checks the files when you go to analyze them, then yes. Before it just said "unknown" and didn't even bother to queue up. Now it seems to work within 3 seconds so I'm happy with it. Been running it for about 2 hours now and there still hasn't been any problems with files being flagged as unknown. Probably just had a conflict with a firewall. Working well with Bitdefender's firewall and AV only conflicted with it due to maxed out Virus Control/Intrustion Prevention.

Thank you for the feedback. @OokamiCreed

Glad to hear that it works well now and your issue is solved. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
It also crashed about 10 times, it said the logs were saved, but I can't find them.
Is C:\Users\x\appdata\Roaming\Crystal Security\3.5 Beta\Logs the correct directory?
(BTW, it's not beta anymore. The directory should be renamed, remember about changing it in the message)

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Malware1 Thanks for the feedback. ;)
It also crashed about 10 times, it said the logs were saved, but I can't find them.
Is C:\Users\x\appdata\Roaming\Crystal Security\3.5 Beta\Logs the correct directory?

In some cases error log is not saved. Will be fixed. Directory is correct.
(BTW, it's not beta anymore. The directory should be renamed, remember about changing it in the message)

Okay. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Interesting article: The CozyDuke, the last Russian APT group

Kaspersky Lab discovered another APT group dubbed CozyDuke which is believed to have hacked the US Department of State and the White House.

It is interesting because Crystal Security was mentioned (quote from the source):

Once compromised the targeted system, the malware checks for the presence of defense solutions from principal security vendors, including Kaspersky, Avira, Comodo, Crystal Security, Dr. Web and Sophos.

Is it possible that this malware also searches for Crystal Security program (e.g. to avoid detection)?

Full article

PS. @bitbizket Thank you for the article. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014

Kaspersky Lab discovered another APT group dubbed CozyDuke which is believed to have hacked the US Department of State and the White House.

It is interesting because Crystal Security was mentioned (quote from the source):

Once compromised the targeted system, the malware checks for the presence of defense solutions from principal security vendors, including Kaspersky, Avira, Comodo, Crystal Security, Dr. Web and Sophos.

Is it possible that this malware also searches for Crystal Security program (e.g. to avoid detection)?

Full article

Regards,
Kardo
Well that is not good for the crystal security's users, but congrats your product is getting noticed :)

Y

yigido

Full article

Regards,
Kardo
I think, it is good news. Because malwares wants to by-pass Crystal, it means other vendors are easy prey but Crystal ;)
In order to elude defense solutions, the components of the CozyDuke executable are signed with fake Intel and AMD digital certificates.
Aim is by-passing ,default deny architecture, the trusted vendors with Intel & AMD certificates.

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
This project should get more consideration because it's a solid security solution.
@Kardo Kristal you should really start to get this thing to the next level, like implementing a paid product. I'd bet that some big company will make an offer to buy the project but you are the one that truly knows how much struggle and hard work is involved in this project, so don't throw it away for a few bucks if the chance arises. I wish you the best and I really hope that Crystal Security will get bigger and bigger.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Well that is not good for the crystal security's users, but congrats your product is getting noticed :)

Thanks. :) @Dani Santos
I think, it is good news. Because malwares wants to by-pass Crystal, it means other vendors are easy prey but Crystal ;)

@yigido Thank you. :)
Every day Crystal Security is a bit bigger. :)

@Sr. Normal Thank you for the kind words. ;)
This project should get more consideration because it's a solid security solution.
@Kardo Kristal you should really start to get this thing to the next level, like implementing a paid product. I'd bet that some big company will make an offer to buy the project but you are the one that truly knows how much struggle and hard work is involved in this project, so don't throw it away for a few bucks if the chance arises. I wish you the best and I really hope that Crystal Security will get bigger and bigger.

@Alex BK Thank you for the support. I am glad you like it. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.