notification_auto_decision-png.57636

Waiting for the feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo
It's great. Good work. ;)

T

TheSuperGeek

Hello Kardo,
I wan't to know if Crystal Security work offline and if virus detection/removal is affected disconected.
Thanks.

The new design for notifications is great.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello Kardo,
I wan't to know if Crystal Security work offline and if virus detection/removal is affected disconected.

Hi @TheSuperGeek

It works offline but detection is affected because it can not query results from VT and from Crystal cloud. The good thing is that Crystal cloud data is also stored on your hard drive (but only latest definitions). So basically offline mode can use 3 different sources for detection:
  • Crystal cloud (latest definitions stored on hard drive)
  • Heuristic definitions
  • Internal definitions
The new design for notifications is great.

Good. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
What is your long term goals for this software? I'd hate to install the product on multiple PCs only to discover an abandon on this software in the near future. Thanks!

@motox781 @bjm_

Serious and long-term partnership with some security company is one of my dreams. :) So there is no plan to abandon program or something like that. It is my product and thanks to this project I already got several useful and good contacts. My goal is to provide better safety for everyone because "digital world" is quite big and I as developer can help everyday users with my knowledge. I'll work hard to make Crystal Security better and better over-time.

More users = more feedback / suggestions => Better security for everyone. :)

you should join kaspersky whitelist program

http://whitelist.kaspersky.com/whitelist_program

@viktik Thank you for the link. I'll sign up to whitelist program ASAP. :)

Regards,
Kardo

L

LabZero

Hi Kardo

I am sure you will realize your dreams (indeed I think that you are already doing).;)
It is unthinkable to abandon a project like Crystal Security, I'm testing it on one of my PC as the only Antivirus without any other product in real-time and it is fast, lightweight, and powerful.
Surely there will be margin for improvement as it should be, but here on MT there is a large amount of users that enhance your work and then lots of feedback.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheSuperGeek

@motox781 @bjm_

Serious and long-term partnership with some security company is one of my dreams. :) So there is no plan to abandon program or something like that. It is my product and thanks to this project I already got several useful and good contacts. My goal is to provide better safety for everyone because "digital world" is quite big and I as developer can help everyday users with my knowledge. I'll work hard to make Crystal Security better and better over-time.
Kardo
Hello,
Keep this product free !!
I keep in touch !

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi Kardo

I am sure you will realize your dreams (indeed I think that you are already doing).;)
It is unthinkable to abandon a project like Crystal Security, I'm testing it on one of my PC as the only Antivirus without any other product in real-time and it is fast, lightweight, and powerful.
Surely there will be margin for improvement as it should be, but here on MT there is a large amount of users that enhance your work and then lots of feedback.:):)

@Klipsh Thank you for your kind words bro. :)

Hello,
Keep this product free !!
I keep in touch !

@TheSuperGeek Do not worry. It is free and currently there is no plan to change it. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
If Kardo ever made a paid product in the future, I'm sure he would keep a free version available.

MT members should not worry at all because it is always free - at least to all active testers and supporters here :) and as I already noted:
It is free and currently there is no plan to change it.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
If you click on "Checkup" text, then it will open the checkup settings.
If you click on some place next to the text, it will open protection settings.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.