Not open for further replies.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I love detailed notifications. Looks great also. Crystal is already (in my opinion) the best secondary opinion real time protection simply because it can get the opinion of other AV. Even has other goodies packed in there. I will definitely keep testing this and give feed back. This product is going in the right direction. I can't stand not having say in what these programs do and Crystal more than satisfies my control needs.

I might have said something like this before. I tend to repeat and give more and more detailed each time. Anyway, keep up the great work.

L

LabZero

So for me it's perfect and I must say that it offers a lot of informations to the user that does not have to open the main program to verify (a common problem with other products) :)

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 366

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
How about enabling these 3 settings by default?

WCLz7iL.jpg

Also if you click on Advanced or Quick under Checkup it opens the same page asking for Quick or Advanced Checkup, how about changing the Buttons to a start and stop Button or Start and scan settings too choose or see whats being scanned?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I love detailed notifications. Looks great also. Crystal is already (in my opinion) the best secondary opinion real time protection simply because it can get the opinion of other AV. Even has other goodies packed in there. I will definitely keep testing this and give feed back. This product is going in the right direction. I can't stand not having say in what these programs do and Crystal more than satisfies my control needs.

I might have said something like this before. I tend to repeat and give more and more detailed each time. Anyway, keep up the great work.

@OokamiCreed Thank you for the feedback and support. Great to hear that you like it. :)
So for me it's perfect and I must say that it offers a lot of informations to the user that does not have to open the main program to verify (a common problem with other products) :)

@Klipsh Good. :) Maybe I'll make little changes in notification design but I also re-ask feedback then. Currently it seems that many users love this design. I am not sure if I should add some borders because @FireShootSK made a good point (about users with white backgrounds). I'll think about it and suggestions are welcome. :)
How about enabling these 3 settings by default?

@Secondmineboy Can be done. :)
I like it, waiting for release :)

@OpenSecLabs Thanks! :)
@Kardo Kristal
Do you hope to sell CS...
Is CS patented...?

@bjm_ No such plans (at least not yet). ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi

I would not change the UI. That offer you now is good, but I'm ls who think that if something is good, why change it ?. I think the new user prefer to have 2 buttons.

I do not know ... I love Crystal Security and this change... I do not like it. I'm not saying that is not good, but the previous UI is very difficult to improve. I mentioned recently that I noticed that you had changed a little shade of red. I found a successful change, yet this change does not please me. That red strip below changes everything

But it is just my opinion

@Sr. Normal Your opinion matters. :) Unfortunately opinions are different and I can't please everyone but i'll try to make it usable for all users and this new design concept is not permanent. I am still collecting feedback about new design. One option is to add support for multiple themes but I can't promise anything.

PS. Thank you for all the tests. :)

Regards,
Kardo

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@Kardo Kristal
Just downloaded a program released today that VirusTotal offers File not found.
My resident security offers reputation flag.
What does CS do with File not found.
Can CS do heuristic on some / CS rules set...
Does CS pull from user data in real time...
As CS base grows. Will CS have to add servers by region.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal
Just downloaded a program released today that VirusTotal offers File not found.
My resident security offers reputation flag.
What does CS do with File not found.

@bjm_ Unknown (executable) files are uploaded by default (to VirusTotal). You can change it under Settings. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Logethica

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@bjm_ Unknown (executable) files are uploaded by default (to VirusTotal). You can change it under Settings. ;)

Regards,
Kardo
Yes, but VT reports File not found. I searched thumbprint after Norton Reputation flag.
So, if VT is not in the know ... then CS is not helpful.
What am I missing. Once a hash is known then my security program is in the know.

How does CS advantage me...Comments from MT members. Welcome.

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

Performed some tests with new design and made some little changes:
  • Added small borders
  • Added Restore button
Preview screenshots of updated notifcations

1) User decision

notification_user_decision-png.57634

2) Auto-decision

notification_auto_decision-png.57636

Waiting for the feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• Notification_user_decision.png
    Notification_user_decision.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 666
  • Notification_auto_decision.png
    Notification_auto_decision.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

@Sr. Normal Your opinion matters. :) Unfortunately opinions are different and I can't please everyone but i'll try to make it usable for all users and this new design concept is not permanent. I am still collecting feedback about new design. One option is to add support for multiple themes but I can't promise anything.

I see no good multiple option UI. For me, because this is just my opinion, I think the concept of Crystal Security is an apparent simplicity. I say apparent, because the way you interact with messages tastefully, without sounds and flickering images, without any fanfare, everything clean, simple and direct.:)

If you offer UI options, in principle only pop-ups, to me, you go away a little of the idea (mine) what is Crystal Security.
Also understand, please, that I am 44 years old. My thinking should never be the other younger colleagues, so I want you understand that this is my idea, my philosophy, I don't say you have no reason to change it, I say that I do not like the change.

UI is a very tasteful, simple and effective. Very, very difficult to improve.:)

Have a nice day bro! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.