Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @Kardo Kristal,

I've just written code for better process termination in C++, I was wondering if you'd like to use it in Crystal Security? Of course I'd show you how to use it, since Crystal Security is based in C#.NET. :)

It uses several methods to attempt to terminate the target process, you can use this for terminating malware before attempting to clean it off the system. I'm still working on it, to enhance it and make it more powerful, although I can show you what I've made so far if you'd like, you will still benefit from the current progress.

A more effective method would be via a kernel-mode driver, but Crystal Security does not need this yet at least. And it requires more money for code signing, so I shall leave this out of the equation. The C++ code I have made is for user-mode process termination, and unless you are dealing with malware which goes around setting hooks on functions to block termination or makes use of kernel-mode components, it should work fine. ;)

In the future, if it's okay with you, I think I'll spend some time making you self defence for Crystal Security? (for example, blocking ZwTerminateProcess attempts to the process - if I have time, since of course I am busy with my product development also).

Cheers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I've just written code for better process termination in C++, I was wondering if you'd like to use it in Crystal Security? Of course I'd show you how to use it, since Crystal Security is based in C#.NET.

@kram7750 Thanks for the information Mark.

I'll think about it and let you know. :)
Waiting for...

@Klipsh Thanks. :)
Context Menu Scan
--Analyse with Crystal Security-- Please add Crystal's Security Icon!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to add it. ;) @Odysseas Magas
@Kardo Kristal, can you list upcoming features in order of implementation?

@RmG152 Thanks for the interest. :)
  1. Multilingual support (in the next version)
  2. Icon for context menu scan
  3. Option to configure uploads limit (e.g. 40 MB/per day)
  4. Multiple drive support for Active protection and Checkup (optional setting)
  5. Overall improvement (detection and performance)
  6. .... and some other features
Currently only active drive (OS/Programs) is checked (Active protection and Checkup)

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.