Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. @Black Faith
So I'v installed this and so far I'm liking it alot,works really well doesn't use up alot of system resources

I am glad you like Crystal Security. :)
Basicly if crystal security ask's me to allow or block a file and that file doesn't exist by the time I answer the prompt crystal security will crash completely and take out any rules I'v made since last boot.Any chance of getting this fixed?Here's what the error logfile said

I'll look into it and hopefully it will be fixed in the next version. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal can you change the logo/icon ? Because, it looks like a rogue :)

@OpenSecLabs Thank you for the feedback. :)
It says that Comodo is suspicious (screenshot)

Please send Suspicious files via PM in ZIP. Probably detected by some vendors or engines.
Windows files are "Unknown" in the whitelist (screenshot)

Maybe recently updated files by Microsoft via Windows Updates? Can you please send Unknown files in ZIP via PM too. :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kardo

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, the issue is not with the files, it's with Collective Cloud.

This alert I get for anything that I execute.
HdbPqqW.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, the issue is not with the files, it's with Collective Cloud.

This alert I get for anything that I execute.

@OpenSecLabs Interesting. No such issue here. o_O

build_3-5-0-153-png.78681

I personally think the same for the icon, but I know it's not that easy to make something good haha

@thepierrezou Thank you for your opinion. I'll try to update icon in the near future. :)
I have just downloaded portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.153 and my KTS2016MR0d is detecting it as malware (heur detection).
In VirtusToal Kaspersky and Qihoo-360 are detecting it:

@harlan4096 I updated Code Encryption because previous one was not compatible with Windows 10 anymore. Thanks to new Code Encryption performance should be also better.
I will report the possible False Positive detection to KL Labs.

Thanks. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• Build_3.5.0.153.png
    Build_3.5.0.153.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 569

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal Out of pure curiosity may I ask how will crystal security handle the situation I had back in .52 version?Talking about answering rules for files that don't exist anymore:).

@Black Faith Hi,

I guess you mean Overview, Whitelist, Blacklist and other sections data? :)

Basically when you close Crystal Security UI then it should save all data automatically under AppData folder.

PS. Is there any crash (error) with latest build? :)

Regards,
Kardo

Black Faith

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2015
@Kardo Kristal No crashes yet just something a bit wierd.Installed latest windows 10 updates and after I restarted my pc I had no rules anymore.Importing the whitelist file from appdata got me my rules back.If it's any help I got crystal security starting up on boot using task scheduler so I don't get a prompt from uac(run as admin).

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Hi Kardo, I just gave CS a try. My first suggestion is merging (actually removing) 2 texts in Checkup tab ("Quick" and "Advanced").
The reason is whatever users choose Quick or Advanced, they have to choose in the right panel again..
screenshot.1.jpg

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have just downloaded portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.153 and my KTS2016MR0d is detecting it as malware (heur detection).
In VirtusToal Kaspersky and Qihoo-360 are detecting it:

Sin_t_tulo.png

Of course I was not getting this issue with previous .152 version...

I will report the possible False Positive detection to KL Labs.
It seems False Positive detection has been fixed now :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi Kardo, I just gave CS a try. My first suggestion is merging (actually removing) 2 texts in Checkup tab ("Quick" and "Advanced").
The reason is whatever users choose Quick or Advanced, they have to choose in the right panel again..
View attachment 78706

@void011 Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah. It is a good idea but it needs a little bit time to re-design your mentioned sections.

Currently I am focused on bug fixing, improvements and features. Hope you understand. :)

There is a plan to release new version with bug fix and improvements soon. I am at home right now and I have some free time (Holidays). :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.154 released

Changelog
  • Improved Updater (database indicator)
  • Fixed reported bug (the data is not saved before the computer restarts)
  • Updated Crystal cloud engine

Special Thanks to @Black Faith :)

Two different types of downloads

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.154
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.154

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo

What improvements did you make on the Crystal Cloud Engine? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.