Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
JUst a question it seems the portable version can run up to 150 in ram resources which is more than having it installed? Is this possible? Thks

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
JUst a question it seems the portable version can run up to 150 in ram resources which is more than having it installed? Is this possible? Thks

@blueblackwow65 Both versions are technically same by resource usage and features. On some systems it may use more RAM but it should release free resource automatically. The average RAM usage should be 30 megs (idle). In progress RAM usage may increase (analysis, uploads, updates etc...).

Regards,
Kardo

S

Smith83

Just letting you know, I do not plan on keeping the program. I was just giving it a test, I do not use any real time protection. :)

Only figured you would want to know, since you make the program.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Hmm. It seems like a default location. Thanks for the info. :)
Just letting you know, I do not plan on keeping the program. I was just giving it a test, I do not use any real time protection. :)

Only figured you would want to know, since you make the program.

Your feedback is much appreciated. :)

Regards,
Kardo

S

Sr. Normal

Thanks @Kardo Kristal . Downloading,
As you can see Crystal Security continues to lead in detection in Malware Hub.
In "real life" it is doing a great job, very few FPs and continuously providing safety. You know I've changed many AVs this year, but Crystal Security is always there. Thank you
I am proud to be a user of crystal Security. Good job my friend :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Kardo Kristal: In my problem that I've posted before about likely an issue to CS, seems it can be difficult to reproduce as I realized perhaps to be isolated on situation, where Windows Defender can update properly with active connection unlike when became limited. ;) Anyway if I have an available time then no doubt to have another chance to install again.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
S

Smith83

I decided to try it again, this time it wound up destroying both Firefox and my command prompt. Had to do a system restore..... I will not suggest this program to anyone, obvious bugs need working out.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I decided to try it again, this time it wound up destroying both Firefox and my command prompt. Had to do a system restore..... I will not suggest this program to anyone, obvious bugs need working out.

@Smith83 Can you please describe your issue so I can solve it in the newer version. :)

I guess that Stealth Guard mode is enabled and it is the source of the problem. Please note that Stealth Guard mode is like a lock down system. All new or unknown files are blocked automatically.
What are the greatest strengths of this product, the best reasons for adding it to your realtime programs?

@conceptualclarity Thanks for the interest. :)
  1. One of the best thing of this program is detection (you can see great results in Malware Hub section)
  2. Good resource usage and easy to use
  3. Freeware (without any ads, promotions etc..)
  4. Lock down system (Stealth Guard)
  5. Other features
@Kardo Kristal : Could you please checked your PMs ? I sent you 2 messages on 15th November.

@floalma Sorry. I missed it. I'll reply ASAP. ;)
hello when they will release additional languages ??

@Davidov Hi, When I get enough free time during the military period (or after that). :)
Numerous engine components to rely on + if everything are bypass then its an user interaction part to allow or deny the operation. Simple but yet powerful already in the sense perspective. ;)

@jamescv7 Thanks. :)

Regards,
Kardo

S

Smith83

I guess that Stealth Guard mode is enabled and it is the source of the problem. Please note that Stealth Guard mode is like a lock down system. All new or unknown files are blocked automatically.

As we discussed earlier I disabled Stealth guard on my second run, this time it made firefox give an error about could not load xpcom. I can not recall the error for the command prompt. I did a system restore and that fixed the command prompt error. I had to enable the built in admin account and install firefox from there to keep all my setting for firefox. I think my case may be unique perhaps not. Either way this program should still be labled beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.