Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
with the popups if you uncheck the box with always allow and unknown files it won't notify you that is what I do because it got really annoying. maybe this might help your problem or you might have already done that.
Yes like i said i already done that but it is a security hole it will allow all unknown files if unknown file is a virus you get infected. Theres no need to scan archives it just creates to many notifications for unknown files.

Reactions: Andrew999

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I have a minor issue to Crystal Security from many consecutive weeks which resulted to removed from my system temporarily.

This issue always happen if a file is not exist in the directory upon detected as 'Unknown Object', like a program is being download or temporary files that's being delete upon many operation where result to provide a log and close the program.

+ Another issue where I cannot update Windows Defender if the database is too obsolete/ Windows Update did not perform an update for a long time, something blocks a process even though everything are whitelist.

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Scanning with the right click, doesn't work for me, despite the 'Shell integration' is enabled.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hi @everyone,

Tomorrow I'll go to the military. Development is inactive for next 8 months. When military is over then I have a plan to continue development.

I hope that I can visit MalwareTips from time-to-time. :)

Thanks for all the support. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Good Luck Kardo, We are waiting for you :)

And take care of you;)

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I tried Crystal Security Portable for the first time and found Add folder to whitelist not working properly i whitelisted folder but it still detects files in whitelisted folder

@Stas Thank you for the feedback.

Please note that sub-folders are not whitelisted automatically. Only root folder is supported.
i use Internet Download Manager and it splits downloaded file to multiple peaces and after merges to one file

Only some download managers are currently supported.

@TheSuperGeek Thanks. :)
does Crystal can be used as companion?

@Umbra Yes. You can use it with other solutions. Personally tested with Windows Defender, Comodo, ESET, Avast, Kaspersky. :)
Yes, no problem. In my case it has accompanied Qihoo, Comodo, Avira free, Norton IS, F-Secure IS, EIS and EAM. I never had conflict between components of my defense.

@Sr. Normal Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear that. :)
just want be sure it was designed to be used as companion or not ? :)

Yes, it is designed as companion solution. :) I hope that you will try out Crystal Security. I'd like to hear your feedback.
+ Another issue where I cannot update Windows Defender if the database is too obsolete/ Windows Update did not perform an update for a long time, something blocks a process even though everything are whitelist.

@jamescv7 Hmm. Interesting. Are you sure that it is caused by Crystal Security?
Scanning with the right click, doesn't work for me, despite the 'Shell integration' is enabled.

@floalma I just replied to your PM. ;)
Good Luck Kardo, We are waiting for you :)

And take care of you;)

@Xtwillight Thanks bro. :)
It's a companion just as Malwarebytes Premium can be to any Antivirus,... but CS is much lighter and free to use in realtime!

:)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Finally i solved my problem with notifications for unknown files without auto allowing & disabling notifications for unknown files, i cant believe i miss it and no one including dev mention there's a way to manually add & remove extensions. I removed all archive extensions and now no more annoying popups when i download archive files.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Kardo Kristal:

Actually the scenario goes like this:

Situation: During my last semester break, I went to a far flung province where internet connection is limited and block any Microsoft updates so that's not a problem for me however when return to the usual place. I've saw that WD is out of date and cannot update where state 'connectivity problem'; so try to exit Crystal Clear and solve the problem. *

* Everytime that problem exist and solve on that very unusual way.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
S

Smith83

Just figured I would give it a spin see how everything is, it does not like firefox for some odd reason. With your program running it will not allow FF to open.

upload_2015-12-10_18-0-46.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Just figured I would give it a spin see how everything is, it does not like firefox for some odd reason. With your program running it will not allow FF to open.

View attachment 78020

@Smith83 Thank you for the feedback.

Is Stealth Guard mode enabled?

If yes then please try to disable it via Settings (do not forget to click on Apply button).

Regards,
Kardo

S

Smith83

I added FF to trusted items then rebuild trusted items list, then enable stealth guard. Seems like a bit of a hassle to be able to run your browsers.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
That seems to allow FF to run, but why stealth guard block ff?

@Smith83 Thank you for the quick feedback. :)

It seems that Firefox was installed after Stealth Guard mode. There are 2 workarounds for your issue:
  1. Add Firefox executable manually to Stealth Guard exclusion list
  2. Rebuild Trusted items list
stealth_guard-png.78024

Then you can enable Stealth Guard mode again.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• Stealth_Guard.png
    Stealth_Guard.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 509
Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.