Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.149 released

Changelog
  • Improved "Settings" section
  • Improved search box
  • Added "Rebuild Trusted items list" (Stealth Guard)
  • Fixed minor bug in Password protection

Special Thanks to @LAGUN and @Malware1 :)

Two different types of downloads

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.149
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.149

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo
Very nice :) Can you say what you improved in the settings section?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Can you say what you improved in the settings section?

Thanks. :) @Dani Santos

Improvement is related with Password protection setting. @LAGUN reported that there was a lag when he canceled password creation in Password protection section. In latest build .149, there is no lag anymore. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @everyone,

Tomorrow I'll go to the military. Development is inactive for next 8 months. When military is over then I have a plan to continue development.

I hope that I can visit MalwareTips from time-to-time. :)

Thanks for all the support. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I tried Crystal Security Portable for the first time and found Add folder to whitelist not working properly i whitelisted folder but it still detects files in whitelisted folder, also found that it always detects rar archives files as unknown and every time i download archives files i get a lot of popups so i change settings in Auto-decision behavior selected "Action for Unknown files" to Allow once but i still getting more then one popups for the same file, maybe because i use Internet Download Manager and it splits downloaded file to multiple peaces and after merges to one file. So i had to disable notification for unknown files and disable upload unknown files. I think you should disable detection for archives like rar or zip.

T

TheSuperGeek

@Stas
Thanks for the bug repport. :)
The devolloper of Crystal Security is busy now and can't devellop the software for the moment. So the bug won't be checked until he restart to devellop. Sorry for that.
TSGeek

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I tried Crystal Security Portable for the first time and found Add folder to whitelist not working properly i whitelisted folder but it still detects files in whitelisted folder, also found that it always detects rar archives files as unknown and every time i download archives files i get a lot of popups so i change settings in Auto-decision behavior selected "Action for Unknown files" to Allow once but i still getting more then one popups for the same file, maybe because i use Internet Download Manager and it splits downloaded file to multiple peaces and after merges to one file. So i had to disable notification for unknown files and disable upload unknown files. I think you should disable detection for archives like rar or zip.
with the popups if you uncheck the box with always allow and unknown files it won't notify you that is what I do because it got really annoying. maybe this might help your problem or you might have already done that.
upload_2015-11-10_15-49-10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.