Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Sent to Norton too. I am glad that the project is not yet in pause :)

upload_2015-9-6_19-23-51.png

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think I might of found a bug when I quarantine something in blacklist it comes up twice for some stuff like this so if I extract a pack of malware it makes to detection rate complicated
upload_2015-9-7_19-44-57.png

There wasn't malware in the malware pack with the same names 2 or 3 times either

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I think I might of found a bug when I quarantine something in blacklist it comes up twice for some stuff

@Andrew999 Thanks for the feedback. I'l look into it.

Please note that when you extract the same malware multiple times then it is always detected and quarantined so it is possible that you may see same malware multiple times in Blaclist section. Currently it seems that it was a temporary bug by FileSystem detection (one file detected multiple times). If it occurs again then feel free to let me know. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Why sometimes when I do testing on Malware packs Crystal Security misses some files even though they are detected on Virus total?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Why sometimes when I do testing on Malware packs Crystal Security misses some files even though they are detected on Virus total?

@Andrew999 It depends on your Settings. You can change "Criteria" settings to increase detection. By default when 5% of all Vendors detects file as malware then it is flagged as "Suspicious". When 10% of all Vendors detects file then it is flagged as "Unsafe". You can increase/decrease both settings: e.g. 2% for Suspicious and 5% for Unsafe. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
@Andrew999 It depends on your Settings. You can change "Criteria" settings to increase detection. By default when 5% of all Vendors detects file as malware then it is flagged as "Suspicious". When 10% of all Vendors detects file then it is flagged as "Unsafe". You can increase/decrease both settings: e.g. 2% for Suspicious and 5% for Unsafe. :)

Regards,
Kardo
Thank you for commenting so fast I appreciate it. You always help me with my questions on Crystal Security :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think there is a bug again with detecting files 2 or 3 times I downloaded a malware pack that had 76 samples and I only extracted the archive once and it says it has detected 87 items.There is 21 items left in the Malware pack :) Sorry to bother you
upload_2015-9-18_21-17-12.png

upload_2015-9-18_21-18-12.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I think there is a bug again with detecting files 2 or 3 times

@Andrew999 Thank you for the feedback. :)

Interesting. I'll look into it. I guess that it happens randomly on some systems. There is a known bug in FSW module in .NET Framework. Sometimes it detects same file multiple times.

Also please note that you may see same file multiple times in Blacklist section (e.g. when you download same malware file multiple times).

PS. You are not bothering. Your feedback is always welcome. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

Softpedia made another review for Crystal Security portable version. :)

Overall rating is 4 out of 5. You can read Editor's review here.

There is also Editor's Review for installable version by Softpedia (Overall rating 4 out of 5). Review is here. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Oh good review :)

4/5 is a recommended product and a good score. Well done Kardo.

Maybe future versions will score a 5/5 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.