Expired excubits Bouncer Giveaway

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
really missed this one :(:(:( had a great experiance with bouncer. Even gave up Appguard in favour of bouncer but now i cannt fully utilise its power with 3kb limit. congrats to all because bouncer is a gem

Hi, could you introduce some advantages of Bouncer over AppGuard?:)

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Hi, could you introduce some advantages of Bouncer over AppGuard?:)
First of all bouncer works at lower level... in my experiance bouncer blocks even before appguard blocks an exe.... Bouncer may not be feature rich as appguard but the latest beta introduces. hash based white listing and parent checking. The developer is really good and i like his perspective. he will never add bloated features and he wishes to keep bouncer as light as possible.... Really missed this giveaway

another feature is you can add rules as tight as possible with path based and hash based and let bouncer run in logging mode to see if it blocks anything important before enabling lethal mode. Parent checking rules for browser will block the browser from runnibg other processes like cmd or script which is actually pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Online_Sword

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The following winner has (4) days to reply to their winning PM or another winner will be selected in order from the posted list.

@ewerton

Congratulations to all our winners :) For those who didn't win there are more great giveaways coming soon!

All winners have been sent a private message with details on how to claim their license.
If a winner does not respond within (5) days,then a new winner will be selected in order from the posted list.

Last edited:
Reactions: arslan ejaz

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
First of all bouncer works at lower level

Thank you for your reply.:)
But I remember that it is mentioned in a post in wilderssecurity that AppGuard runs in the same level as AppLocker.
So...if the working level of Bouncer is lower than AppGuard, would it be even lower than AppLocker?
I think it might be impossible because AppLocker is built in the operation system.

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Thank you for your reply.:)
But I remember that it is mentioned in a post in wilderssecurity that AppGuard runs in the same level as AppLocker.
So...if the working level of Bouncer is lower than AppGuard, would it be even lower than AppLocker?
I think it might be impossible because AppLocker is built in the operation system.
in my experiance and tests bouncer blocks before appguard

Reactions: Online_Sword

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
From Bouncer user manual:
Bouncer is a real kernel mode driver (KMD), it fully runs in the Win-
dows kernel. There are no trick and no gimmicks. The driver is absolutely independ-
ent from user-mode, it does not communicate with any servicing process in user
mode, this is what makes Bouncer very special in its own sense. Most of the other se-
curity applications need at least one user-mode service (or other auto-start applica-
tion) that manage how their engine works. Technically, Bouncer implements a WDF
minifilter KMD that filters out binary excutable code.
This is the main reason why Bouncer intercepts calls before AppGuard does. And yes Bouncer for the above reasons works at a lower level.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
From Bouncer user manual:

This is the main reason why Bouncer intercepts calls before AppGuard does. And yes Bouncer for the above reasons works at a lower level.

Thank you for your reply. :)
I know little about kernel.
Could you introduce something about the disadvantage of "communicating with servicing processes in user mode" for drivers?
Thanks.:)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this software and any other software in the appropriate thread.
This giveaway is not closed as all members have not claimed their licenses.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.