App Review F-Secure Internet Security TP Review (by steevy17200)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

soinvisage

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
hello,

quick review, im french sorry

Review F secure internet security TP

too much time for an update / uninstall idem (more than 10min )

the option for kill the av inside the av, its a very bad idea i think

in my opinion i dont recommand it

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeV

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I had trouble understanding the audio.

Could you summarise why you don't recommend F-Secure Internet Security (TP)?
What do you mean by this "too much time for an update / uninstall idem (more than 10min )" ?

Reactions: Manzai

soinvisage

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
I had trouble understanding the audio.

Could you summarise why you don't recommend F-Secure Internet Security (TP)?
What do you mean by this "too much time for an update / uninstall idem (more than 10min )" ?

yes sorry for audio

it take 10min to install and same time to uninstall

i dont recommand it, take ram, low detection for me !

beugu with the quarantaine ...

2 scans and on the 2 scans 1 folder detected but fsecure dont delete it !! i have never see that before ...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, but TP means Technical Preview, it's not the final release so last minute bugs will exist. Also I don't think I've ever seen an Antivirus delete a Folder, but maybe because they're NOT malicious, only the contents within.

Reactions: alexp79 and Dima007

soinvisage

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
OK, but TP means Technical Preview, it's not the final release so last minute bugs will exist. Also I don't think I've ever seen an Antivirus delete a Folder, but maybe because they're NOT malicious, only the contents within.
yes the folder is malicious, the pack i have found here and tiranium detects it, its a bug of fsecure, it detects but impossible to clean it !

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Hello i use fsecure antivirus (stable actual version); it doesn't take 10 minutes to install, uninstall or update and even if it's not the lighest one, its performances are corrects (less heavy than kaspersky or bitdefender in my opinion).
Internet security versions are always heavier than antivirus ones for all editors^^

Reactions: soinvisage

soinvisage

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2014
Hello i use fsecure antivirus (stable actual version); it doesn't take 10 minutes to install, uninstall or update and even if it's not the lighest one, its performances are corrects (less heavy than kaspersky or bitdefender in my opinion).
Internet security versions are always heavier than antivirus ones for all editors^^
hello, you are also in the peghorse forum, welcome !! on my review it will take 10 minutes with a good connection so i appreciate what i test on the moment

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check OP's previous posts, he's saying the Folder was malicious. I was wondering if know anything about that?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.