Kaspersky Technical Support - Very Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Thank you @soccer97. You'd brought laughter into our home when I had my wife pause the gloomy world new so I could read this excerpt to her aloud!:p:D

Haha, it is quite funny. No soup for you! :D

Glad I was able to bring a good laugh. That is what I did when they made that announcement. I still have some old emails from KLabs. If you need help running and submitting the GSI report, ReportMaker, etc. I can try to help in the free time I get between college and work.

I almost didn't post this, but I assume you have prior experience with Kaspersky. You may want to consult with them via Live Chat or whatever method when you get ready to uninstall it if you decide to do that. They have a tool called kavremover which may or may not be necessary before installing a competitor product.

Let me know how your situation turns out. Hope this info was helpful.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Update... 5 days later...

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support. We understand that you are having issues using Trusted Application Mode.

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience. We do appreciate you giving us an update regarding this matter and thank you for the files that you have sent. Please be advised that we will be doing an investigation regarding this issue. We will be getting in touch with you via email as soon as we have an update.

At least I made a blip on their radar... "Hey, hey, hey... potentially serious issue... you might want to take a closer look !!"

I assume since you never received a reply that you may not at all.

Most support cases I submitted were scripted replies. Most cases I eventually gave up on. I did traces, ran Report Maker, etc and spent a lot of time. I don't feel that the response was reciprocal (IMHO). These repeated experiences simply led to more frustrations that drove me away from their products.

The security that KIS provides is great. The resource usage of the product and the poor support is the trade off.

In short:
I would not encourage purchasing their product. I have no affiliation with a vendor. I have nothing against the company. I do believe that people should be informed before buying.

*On a positive note, I did have 2 recent awesome experiences w/ESET's support. I don't say that lightly. It's based in the US, and they are knowledgeable, professional and polite. I was surprised. Minimal back and forth, reasonable reply time and the problem was solved in a short time. They know their stuff and how to take care of customers.* :) I will be a repeat customer.

Sorry you had that experience w/ Kaspersky Labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.