King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
First of all, I would like to remark that you have a very secure config already. Great setup! :p

Moving on to the matter of changing main AV solution: There are a lot, and I mean about a dozen, or reliable vendors for such products. That will make recommendation quite difficult.
You may want to share some of your preferences for features in a main security solution, such as amount of user interaction required, which security components, free/paid, etc
However, here are some general solutions which you might find appealing:
  • Kaspersky Internet Security [PAID] Kaspersky Internet Security is a long-time leading brand in the field, and offers effective security components covering most types of protection (behavior-blocking, HIPS, network firewall, Antivirus, etc). I would recommend this if you are a user who likes configuring their security software for granular control.
  • ESET Smart Security [PAID] ESET Smart Security provides a similar level of protection to KIS, however it is more automated in terms of taking actions against potential threats, and while it offers some configuration, it might not meet the demands of advanced users who want fine-grained control.
  • Norton Security [PAID] Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, or Premium versions) offer the maximum possible automated protection for endpoint machines, and from my experience, they should provide sufficient protection when combined with safe computing habits. Barely any user interaction, offers similar levels of protection as the ESET and Kaspersky products.
  • 360 Total Security by QIHU [FREE] Multiple-engine protection, a basic sandbox, cleanup modules, and a few more features constitute this quite-beloved solution that has appealed to many users due to its unbeatable price and solid protection provided by utilizing the BitDefender, Avira (and other) engines.
As far as all-in-one products are concerned, the above are the ones that I would recommend.
You may share more information on what you are looking for (an integrated solution such as a security suite or a combination of multiple products such as an antivirus and a separate firewall, sandbox, etc - free or paid - configurable with a lot of user interaction or automated - desired features, such as HIPS, local- or cloud-based Antivirus, network firewall, sandbox components, etc)

Note that there are certain free products or combinations or free products which might actually outperform paid solutions in terms of protection capabilities.

Good luck in choosing your new mainline security product! :p

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your latest updates remind me S.D. :cool:(a more complete protection than Sandboxing) is on today's to-do-list for myself as well. Thanks!:):) Your (3) other additions, although I recognize them by name, may have me brushing up a bit on my reading!;) King Mellow, you've been busy this weekend (even more than myself).:p Having been a user of MBAE (free) for quite some time, I shall look forward to your impressions of the HitmanPro.Alert full version's trial. I've unchecked Auto-hide for it's colored window border in order to see it's encryption of keystrokes. On 10, I was able to see that Windows touch screen keystrokes were not encrypted,o_O but they were when I'd used the actual keyboard. I have heard good things about Adguard's full program. I am impressed by your all around security configuration, thank you for sharing it!:D

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Your latest updates remind me S.D. :cool:(a more complete protection than Sandboxing) is on today's to-do-list for myself as well. Thanks!:):) Your (3) other additions, although I recognize them by name, may have me brushing up a bit on my reading!;) King Mellow, you've been busy this weekend (even more than myself).:p Having been a user of MBAE (free) for quite some time, I shall look forward to your impressions of the HitmanPro.Alert full version's trial. I've unchecked Auto-hide for it's colored window border in order to see it's encryption of keystrokes. On 10, I was able to see that Windows touch screen keystrokes were not encrypted,o_O but were when using the actual keyboard. I have heard good things about Adguard's full program. I am impressed by your all around security configuration, thank you for sharing it!:D
Shadow Defender is a must for every PC even though it's not 100% effective in protecting you against malwares. :) It's easy to use too. I'm starting to like HitmanPro.alert again, it has improved greatly. You might wanna try it, too. I'm really glad that all is going well so far. Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2! :) ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Testing Glasswire sounded promising as your impressions of the software. Was there incompatibility with iTunes?o_O

Reactions: Logethica

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Testing Glasswire sounded promising as your impressions of the software. Was there incompatibility with iTunes?o_O
I really like Glasswire but it slowed down the boot time . No, there's no conflict between the two. :) I already have Clementine, there's no need to keep ITunes. :)

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hi guys! I recently ran CrystalDiskInfo, HDDexpert, HD Tune to check my HDD's health (4 yr. old PC) it says it has reallocated sector count value 3, normal value 100, worst 100, threshold 36, raw 000000000003. o_O It's very alarming. I ran chkdsk and found no bad sectors. Should I be worried? :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.