King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Well in your issue on HDD, usually those sectors cannot be repaired and you need to come up a backup solution as it can nearly die to end.
Thanks Kabayan!

Here's my HDD's status in HD Tune:
JESlSDH.png

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I guess I should stop worrying, for now.

r3UlFS3.png

Update:
Added: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Hard Disk Sentinel
Removed: HitmanPro.alert Trial (Reason: It slows down my browsing and I'm more comfortable with MBAE. :D), GIMP, AdwCleaner

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Nice update @King Mellow how good is Macrium? I have been using AOMEI for a backupper but heard good things about Macrium. Why did you switch?
Love it. Macrium is very easy to understand, even for someone who hasn't used backup software before. :) I strongly recommend you to try this backupper. ;)

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hey guys! Need some tips and guide on upgrading to Windows 10. I've finished backing up my files yesterday. I'm not doing the clean install though, because it is time consuming. Should I disable my security softwares in services.msc? What are the risks of 'upgrading' to Windows 10?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hey guys! Need some tips and guide on upgrading to Windows 10. I've finished backing up my files yesterday. I'm not doing the clean install though, because it is time consuming. Should I disable my security softwares in services.msc? What are the risks of 'upgrading' to Windows 10?
You are right that you should NOT do a clean install yet. Doing so will provide you problems with activation. Upgrade first, then if you want, you clean install. But if you don't want to clean install, it's fine too. :)

Just upgrade. I think there's no way to get legit activation of Windows 10 except by upgrading first. Thus, if you want Windows 10, upgrade regardless of the problems afterwards.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
You are right that you should NOT do a clean install yet. Doing so will provide you problems with activation. Upgrade first, then if you want, you clean install. But if you don't want to clean install, it's fine too. :)

Just upgrade. I think there's no way to get legit activation of Windows 10 except by upgrading first. Thus, if you want Windows 10, upgrade regardless of the problems afterwards.
That's what I'm going to do. :) Clean install is a pain, really. And you're right about how difficult activating Win 10 is.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I did clean install after upgrade. I did it the day after the upgrade. Within that period, I didn't encounter any error. :)
Can you tell me how you did the upgrade and clean installation step-by-step? :) I'm so baffled right now. :confused:

EDIT: Why did you do a clean installation after upgrading to Win 10? Is it necessary?

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Can you tell me how you did the upgrade and clean installation step-by-step? :) I'm so baffled right now. :confused:

EDIT: Why did you do a clean installation after upgrading to Win 10? Is it necessary?
I upgraded using MS's Windows Update. Then, I used a tool (I forgot the name) from MS for clean installation. I already forgot the exact steps I made.

I did a clean installation because that was what was recommended here, especially when that time Windows 10 just got released for the general public. Right now, maybe it's not needed since MS might have sorted most of the bugs for upgrade.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.