Reliable laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Lenovo aint bad laptops but ill just do not like them, and if you need a gaming laptop you might as wel get a Dell Alienware.
I mean if you are serious about gaming and you want to do it on a laptop then you might as well pay a few dollars more and get yourself a open architecture alienware laptop.

You do not have to be a fan of Dell and neither do you need to like the alien brand, fact is that if you turn on your new alienware laptop then you are in for a shock, as these things are UBER fast and as hightech as it gets while still retaining their "home" options.

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I don't play any games though (they're all boring for me), it's just for school and watching movies and other normal tasks :D, i'll be searching around for a bit more because maybe i'll be able to find something with a better build quality for around the same price.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I don't play any games though (they're all boring for me), it's just for school and watching movies and other normal tasks :D, i'll be searching around for a bit more because maybe i'll be able to find something with a better build quality for around the same price.

If so why do u opt for i7, u can choose 4th Gen i5 or i3, with some 4-8 GB Ram. U will get i5 Laptops with AMD graphics.

Reactions: Icy

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
ACER = some heat issues but decent quality /prices
DELL = last time i used them they were not hardware upgradable; good for companies, average for home users
SONY = depending the regions , must updates via Sony own drivers
ASUS = my favorite brand
what about HP? Perfect na?

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
If so why do u opt for i7, u can choose 4th Gen i5 or i3, with some 4-8 GB Ram. U will get i5 Laptops with AMD graphics.

Virtual machines and multi-tasking, I'm using a DELL desktop with a dual core and it's actually running smoothly though :p.But those machines build quality aren't really that great because most manufacturers actually put effort in the more expensive models, and I need one that'll last for a few years and normal cheap laptops are most probably not going to.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Virtual machines and multi-tasking, I'm using a DELL desktop with a dual core and it's actually running smoothly though :p.But those machines build quality aren't really that great because most manufacturers actually put effort in the more expensive models, and I need one that'll last for a few years and normal cheap laptops are most probably not going to.
4th gen i5 processors are capable of doing all the things u want. In addition just add a GPU. U can save some penny.

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I just did some research and found out that the battery on the G510 is terrible :( (4-5 hours)..got any other recommendations?

@Umbra Polaris : Do you know any decent mid-priced Asus laptops? because most of them are too expensive

D

Deleted member 178

quality = pricey , a computer is a investment, i waited long to buy mines, but now im very satisfied.

Asus Transformers seems good (hybrid laptop/tablet), but i never tried them

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you have any preferred screen size or minimum resolution?

Does aesthetics apply before buying a laptop? Or is it all about specs?

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Do you have any preferred screen size or minimum resolution?

Does aesthetics apply before buying a laptop? Or is it all about specs?

I dislike too small laptops so as long as it's over 12 inches it would be fine, and I don't really have a preferred resolution.
I care much more about quality than specs, but I still don't want a laptop with outdated hardware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You don't want a too small screen, you'll need a good resolution when required to watch HD movies and or using the VM. Smaller laptops are usually more expensive, especially if you want faster hardware.

I posted a link earlier about the Intel CPU numbering, it should help when you decide for an Intel-based CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.