App Review Security Software vs. Ransomware (Part 2)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
At the moment, I will not be adding any additional software or replacing any for this week's tests. All the products being tested are from the request thread.

BDIS2016 @Huracan
Avast Free (old member)
ZAMP @pablozi
ESS9 @Captain Awesome
NS @frogboy
CCAV @yesnoo @yigido

As for Comodo it's clear it will auto-sandbox any unrecognized file. So you'll always get 100% protection the only difference is it's ratio of pre-execution detection.

The same for Voodooshield in "Always ON" and NVT ERP.

Why not include VS beta in Autopilot (on-line)? It is interesting to compare its AI+VT with detection abilities of other AVs.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
You will not always get 100% protection from Comodo sandbox, it is not invincible. I've seen small malware from the Hub break it. Even a dropped text file in Documents is a dropped file.

Great! I'd like to see that in you videos! Then please don't exclude Comodo Cloud AV until we see that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.