Should I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware beside Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

Should I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware beside Emsisoft Anti-Malware for extra protection?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Malicious Website Protection is not available in the free version. MBAM no longer offers a life time license. If you want added protection to run with your Anti-Virus and don't have 24.95$, I suggest Ad-Adware free. It will run in real time with your Anti-Virus without con flicks.;)
It however does not have Malicious Website Protection to my knowledge. IMHO Ad-Adware is good but not as good as MBAM Pro.

Combining our legendary anti-spyware with a powerful antivirus, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ enhances them with real-time protection, download protection and continuously updated filters against malicious URLs, providing top-of-the-line anti-malware protection for the casual computer user.

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Hi! You can rely on just a good Anti-Virus if you think that's all you need to keep you safe on the Web;however IMHO these days you need all the protection you can get. That's why I suggest either MBAM Pro or Ad-Adware fee for another layer of protection and has been mentioned in several replies. Don't click it if you don't want a ticket. Practice safe browsing habits and use your brain!;)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild".

This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors.

It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Copy or move big files while having dual real time protection, install and unistall programs, it will be slower, it can't be faster, read-write speed won't be unaffected.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I've already tried premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit but it makes my program starts slow so I removed it
I suggested the free version. I don't know any thing about the premium version, but I rally doubt that it would make your programs slow to start??

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I suggested the free version. I don't know any thing about the premium version, but I rally doubt that it would make your programs slow to start??
Free version only protects browser such as Chrome, Premium Version protects more program such as Foxit Reader, Word, Excel, Flash Player, Java, etc,...

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Yup! Your point is???
I want Anti-Exploit protects almost programs as it can. So i choose Premium version. But after installing, I feel that it make lots of program on my computer start up slower than before. So, I uninstalled it

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I want Anti-Exploit protects almost programs as it can. So i choose Premium version. But after installing, I feel that it make lots of program on my computer start up slower than before. So, I uninstalled it
I have never had the premium version, so I really don't know. I only have the free version. I don't notice any slow downs with the free version.

Reactions: Maxxx58

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have never had the premium version, so I really don't know. I only have the free version. I don't notice any slow downs with the free version.
I have already tried free version. It slows down my program too :D

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
OK ! Sorry. I don't know why you would pay for the Premium version if the free version slowed you down. Your $$$ not mine!
Premium version serial i received from giveaway thread :p. i don't pay for it

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Should I install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware beside Emsisoft Anti-Malware for extra protection? Will it slow down my computer?
Installing 2 similar layers of protection on your computer is not the answer, as this will mean more CPU and RAM usage.
I would rather tweak Emsisoft settings to better protect my computer (eg: Enable Paranoid Mode), and install additional layers of protection like Sandboxie, Web Of Trust, create image back-ups of my system and better settings for UAC.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Not consuming my CPU.;) I could not post a screen shot, but CPU was 3% while logged on to MT
I'm not a expert with these things, but I'm not having RAM or CPU problems running MSE and MBAM Pro in real time.;) Plus SuperAntiSpyWare in real time.
Not arguing Boss. Just telling you how my PC is running. With MBAM Pro and MSE in real time!
Back up images are a must in this old man's computer world. WOT is also a must. I have tried sand boxing,but to me it was very annoying. With a back up image, I really don't need sand boxing.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxx58

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Installing 2 similar layers of protection on your computer is not the answer, as this will mean more CPU and RAM usage.
I would rather tweak Emsisoft settings to better protect my computer (eg: Enable Paranoid Mode), and install additional layers of protection like Sandboxie, Web Of Trust, create image back-ups of my system and better settings for UAC.
Thanks for your sugggestion. I've just enabled Paranoid Mode on my Emsisoft Anti-Malware, installed WOT, but i don't know what you mean about better settings for UAC. Do you mean setting it to maximum level?

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Emsisoft as real-time protection, and MBAM Free as on-demand scanner.
install both programs pay it pointless because it will be a heavy burden for the processor.

Alzie

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
May 3, 2014
i have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in real time with avast free for over a year with no problem or noticeable slow down as said before is made to run alongside other anti virus products

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.