App Review Sophos Endpoint Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

This is the first time that I have tested a product from Sophos.
Overall, the web protection did great, however the real-time/behaviour blocker did not.

A problem I have noticed when testing this product is that Sophos Antivirus engine disinfects the detected files without removing them. When Sophos analzes the files again and tries to clean them for a second time, the system crashes. This issue needs to be fixed so the user doesn't have a buggy system.

Sadly, Sophos has failed at some areas in this test and the computer is left infected.
It's good and has potential however more improvements are necessary to help them grow and receive better results in the future.

Stars : 3/5

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'm having a rough time trying to figure out what you're trying to say in the thread.

"it leaves a lot of file. What I hate, Sophos disinfects but removes nothing file. The system crash because Sophos wish analyze and again clean the file. "

Reactions: Loupirade

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Too bad for Sophos
I knew that this software has very good signatures and excellent webfilter...but.....
Awesome review Manzai
Keep on rockin' :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
This is the 1st time I test an antivirus company.
Sophos is very good on the web.
On the malware pack, it leaves a lot of file. What I hate, Sophos disinfects but removes nothing file. The system crash because Sophos wish analyze and again clean the file.
The PC is infected because Sophos does not know block suspicious behavior. It is good, but could do better.

I have done some changes :

This is the first time that i test this antivirus from this company.
Sophos is very good in web protection.
On the malware pack, Sophos leaved a lot of malwares.

The problem that i seen during my test, is that Sophos disinfect the files without removing them.
The system crash when sophos try to analyze and clean again the files.

The computer is infected because Sophos has not blocked the suspicious behavior.
It's good, but can do better.

M

Manzai

Thread author
I have done some changes :

This is the first time that i test this antivirus from this company.
Sophos is very good in web protection.
On the malware pack, Sophos leaved a lot of malwares.

The problem that i seen during my test, is that Sophos disinfect the files without removing them.
The system crash when sophos try to analyze and clean again the files.

The computer is infected because Sophos has not blocked the suspicious behavior.
It's good, but can do better.

Thanks for the correction :D

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
I have done some changes:

This is the first time that I have tested a product from Sophos.
Overall, the web protection did great, however the real-time/behaviour blocker did not.

A problem I have noticed when testing this product is that Sophos Antivirus engine disinfects the detected files without removing them. When Sophos analzes the files again and tries to clean them for a second time, the system crashes. This issue needs to be fixed so the user doesn't have a buggy system.

Sadly, Sophos has failed at some areas in this test and the computer is left infected.
It's good and has potential however more improvements are necessary to help them grow and receive better results in the future.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Manzai, your English is good enough I think, for you to make your reviews with English language in the software you test.
It is impossible to understand all the settings and the alerts showed in the video.
Do not take this the wrong way, it is just a suggestion as many of us here don't understand French.
With hope to see more tests from you.

/W

M

Manzai

Thread author
Manzai, your English is good enough I think, for you to make your reviews with English language in the software you test.
It is impossible to understand all the settings and the alerts showed in the video.
Do not take this the wrong way, it is just a suggestion as many of us here don't understand French.
With hope to see more tests from you.

/W

I know, but Sophos was not available in English during the download. :/
Then my English is pretty low because I use Google Translate to understand :D

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
@Manzai I understood your English fine, no problems at all reading it. The only reason I did the correction was because Dubseven missed so much out and it could have confused you into thinking the rest was correct, making your English worse than it had've been beforehand however, I know his intentions was to be helpful.

Anyway, good test man ;)
PS: I use Google Translate when I speak French... :D (or should I say type it).

Reactions: Manzai and Malware1

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Sophos isn't so weak as we think; i were using it i cannot say it block my pc or anyelse , it ever detects and deletes most of the threats.
However, the interface is from an old time =) (win 95 maybe:p)and it's firewall is really paranoiac^^.Well, it has his own engine and it's light too.
But I have to recognize manzaï's work and I agree with him : Sophos can make better (but it's quite good yet)

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.