Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
FYI, Windows 8.1 allows users to load directly to the desktop, and the correct term would be Start Screen. Tabs are found in the web browser or some 3rd party desktop applications. You should try Windows XP IE6, it comes with no tabs, might be useful.

I have found Windows 8/8.1 more stable than 7. Only BSOD when testing Beta Security software.

Thank you for your comment and help but there is no need to downgrade to XP as windows 7 covers almost all my needs, from simplicity to stability and customization.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I had issues with Windows 8.1 and some of my music production software:
-Reaper
-Presonus - Studio One
- Adobe Audition 3
- Sony - Soundforge 8
and tons of my music plugins (some of them are only .dll files.....:eek:)

and some others i don't remember right now......
In general a lot of programs that i use doesn't work on windows 8.1 unless if i have the latest version (which i don't like )
Windows 8.1 was more ''fragile'' and sensitive instead of windows 7 which literally can load even the most old program without problems and crashes.
The problem is that most people that use these programs, producers, djs, composers, usually pick Windows 7 because the compatibility issues. It's not the Windows problem, but like @Huracan mentioned, the version of the program that user had used to use. New program versions and all it's compatible VSTi and VST plugins will work on Windows 8. But if you use older versions, it probably will not work.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I know for sure that ESET and Outpost work on windows 10.Havent tried anything else yet.Most other programs I have installed seem to be working good.

Is that Outpost Security Suite or Outpost Firewall Pro...?

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The problem is that most people that use these programs, producers, djs, composers, usually pick Windows 7 because the compatibility issues. It's not the Windows problem, but like @Huracan mentioned, the version of the program that user had used to use. New program versions and all it's compatible VSTi and VST plugins will work on Windows 8. But if you use older versions, it probably will not work.

That's exactly the weakness of windows 8.1. If you don't use the latest version of the software you work, then they will not work.
On the other hand there is no problem using older versions of software in windows 7 but it is not only about older software.
We all know that windows 7 are more stable than 8.1. It is not a secret that the majority still uses win7 even if win8.1 has been improved.
And there is certainly a reason why Dj's, Music Producers, Graphic Designers,Music & recording studios and generally artists are still using windows 7.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
That's exactly the weakness of windows 8.1. If you don't use the latest version of the software you work, then they will not work.
On the other hand there is no problem using older versions of software in windows 7 but it is not only about older software.
We all know that windows 7 are more stable than 8.1. It is not a secret that the majority still uses win7 even if win8.1 has been improved.
And there is certainly a reason why Dj's, Music Producers, Graphic Designers,Music & recording studios and generally artists are still using windows 7.
Well yes, and no. Majority uses Mac :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.