Disk Antivirus Professional is a computer virus, which pretends to be a legitimate security program and claims that malware has been detected on your computer, however if you try to remove these infections,it will state that you need to buy this product before being able to do so.
Apart from the bogus scan results, Disk Antivirus Professional will display other fake security alerts that are designed to think that your data is at risk or that your computer is severely infected.These messages include:
Security Monitor: WARNING!
Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk.
To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe your need to update your current security software.
Click Yes to download official intrusion detection system (IDS software).
Disk Antivirus Professional Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Disk Antivirus Professional Warning
Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC.
Click here to remove them immediately with Disk Antivirus Professional.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying Disk Antivirus Professional and stealing your personal financial information.
As part of its self-defense mechanism, Disk Antivirus Professional has disabled the Windows system utilities, including the Windows Task Manager and Registry Editor, and will block you from running certain programs that could lead to its removal.
This rogue antivirus has also modified your Windows files associations, and now whenever you are trying to open any programs that have a .exe extension, Disk Antivirus Professional will block the program and display a bogus notification in which will report that the file is infected.
Application cannot be executed. The file iexplore.exe infected.
Please activate your antivirus software.
This infection will also hijack your web browser so that it displays a security warnings when attempt to visit a site. The text of this warning is:
Warning! The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate Disk Antivirus Professional, and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current stat (not recommended).
When you see this message you can safely click on the Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended) link so that you can visit the site you are trying to go to.
If your computer is infected with Disk Antivirus Professional virus,then you are seeing the following screens:
Disk Antivirus Professional is a scam, and you should ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your bank and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for Disk Antivirus Professional
As an optional step,you can use any of the following license keys to register Disk Antivirus Professional and stop the fake alerts.
Disk Antivirus Professional activation code: AA39754E-715219CE
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove Disk Antivirus Professional from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
Disk Antivirus Professional – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 1: Remove Disk Antivirus Professional malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Chameleon technologies will allow us to install and run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan without being blocked by Disk Antivirus Professional.
- Download Malwarebytes Chameleon from the below link, and extract it to a folder in a convenient location.
MALWAREBYTES CHAMELEON DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download Malwarebytes Chameleon)
- Make certain that your infected computer is connected to the internet and then open the Malwarebytes Chameleon folder, and double-click on the svchost.exe file.
IF Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will not start, double-click on the other renamed files until you find one will work, which will be indicated by a black DOS/command prompt window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to press a key to continue and Chameleon will proceed to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for you.
- Once it has done this, it will update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and you’ll need to click OK when it says that the database was updated successfully.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now attempt to kill all the malicious process associated with Disk Antivirus Professional.Please keep in mind that this process can take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient.
- Next, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically open and perform a Quick scan for Disk Antivirus Professional malicious files as shown below.
- Upon completion of the scan, click on Show Result
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected.
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked),then click on the Remove Selected button.
- After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
STEP 2: Remove Disk Antivirus Professional rootkit with HitmanPro
In some cases,Disk Antivirus Professional will also install a rootkit on victims computer.To remove this rootkit we will use HitmanPro.
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double-click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for Disk Antivirus Professional malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
STEP 3: Double check for any left over infections with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
- You can download Emsisoft Emergency Kit from the below link,then extract it to a folder in a convenient location.
EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT DOWNLOAD LINK ((This link will open a new web page from where you can download Emsisoft Emergency Kit)
- Open the Emsisoft Emergency Kit folder and double click EmergencyKitScanner.bat, then allow this program to update itself.
- After the Emsisoft Emergency Kit has update has completed,click on the Menu tab,then select Scan PC.
- Select Smart scan and click on the SCAN button to search for Disk Antivirus Professional malicious files.
- When the scan will be completed,you will be presented with a screen reporting which malicious files has Emsisoft detected on your computer, and you’ll need to click on Quarantine selected objects to remove them.