Internet Security 2014 “designed to protect” is a computer virus, which pretends to be a legitimate security program and claims that malware has been detected on your computer. If you try to remove these infections, Internet Security 2014 will state that you need to buy its full version before being able to do so.
Internet Security 2014 trojan targets users browsing Internet websites, and rely on social engineering to deliver its payload.
On infected or hacked websites users are prompted by a pop-up window that has been carefully crafted to resemble a legitimate security warning. These pop-up windows typically alert a user of a computer infection, and then prompt the user to download and install Internet Security 2014 to resolve the apparent issue.
Some of the infections may have come from users downloading an infected codec file when they were trying to watch a video online, or users who receive a spam email and open an infected email attachment.
Once installed, Internet Security 2014 will display fake security alerts that are designed to think that your data is at risk or that your computer is severely infected.These messages include:
Malicious program has been detected. Click here to protect your computer.
Hidden file transfers to remote host has been detected.
has detected a leak of your files through the Internet. We strongly recommend that you block the attack immediately.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying Internet Security 2014 and stealing your personal financial information.
As part of its self-defense mechanism, Internet Security 2014 virus has disabled the Windows system utilities, including the Windows Task Manager and Registry Editor, and will block you from running certain programs that could lead to its removal.
This rogue antivirus has also modified your Windows files associations, and now whenever you are trying to open a program, Internet Security 2014 virus will block this operation and display a bogus notification in which will report that the file is infected.
notepad.exe can not start
File notepad.exe is infected by W32/Blaster.worm. Please activate Internet Security 2014 to protect your computer.
If your computer is infected with Internet Security 2014 virus, then you are seeing the following screens:
Internet Security 2014 is a scam, and you should ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy Internet Security 2014 as this could lead to identity theft, and if you have, you should contact your bank and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration key for Internet Security 2014 “designed to protect”
As an optional step,you can use any of the following license keys to register Internet Security “designed to protect” and stop the fake alerts.
Internet Security 2014 “designed to protect” Activation Key: Y68REW-T76FD1-U3VCF5A
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove Internet Security 2014 “designed to protect” from your computer, instead this activation code will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
Internet Security 2014 – Virus Removal Guide
STEP 1: Remove Internet Security 2014 malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Chameleon technologies will allow us to install and run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan without being blocked by Internet Security 2014.
- Right click on your browser icon, and select Run As or Run as Administrator. This should allow your browser to open so that we can then download Malwarebytes Chameleon.
If you’ll see a “Warning! The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!” message in your web browser window, you can safely click on the Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended) link, because this a bogus alert from Internet Security 2014.
- Download Malwarebytes Chameleon from the below link, and extract it to a folder in a convenient location.
MALWAREBYTES CHAMELEON DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download Malwarebytes Chameleon)
- Make certain that your infected computer is connected to the internet and then open the Malwarebytes Chameleon folder, and double-click on the svchost.exe file.
IF Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will not start, double-click on the other renamed files until you find one will work, which will be indicated by a black DOS/command prompt window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to press a key to continue and Chameleon will proceed to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for you.
- Once it has done this, it will update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and you’ll need to click OK when it says that the database was updated successfully.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now attempt to kill all the malicious process associated with Internet Security 2014.Please keep in mind that this process can take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient.
- Next, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically open and perform a Quick scan for Internet Security 2014 malicious files as shown below.
- Upon completion of the scan, click on Show Result
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected.
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked),then click on the Remove Selected button.
- After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
STEP 2: Remove Internet Security 2014 malicious registry keys with RogueKiller
- You can download the latest official version of RogueKiller from the below link.
ROGUEKILLER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RogueKiller on your computer)
- Double click on RogueKiller.exe to start this utility and then wait for the Prescan to complete.This should take only a few seconds, then click on the Scan button to perform a system scan.
- After the scan has completed, press the Delete button to remove Internet Security 2014 malicious registry keys or files.
STEP 3: Remove Internet Security 2014 rootkit with HitmanPro
In some cases, Internet Security 2014 will also install a rootkit on victims computer.To remove this rootkit we will use HitmanPro.
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for Internet Security 2014 malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.