0 Day Protection For Android?

D

Deleted member 65228

If you never install new apps, what risks do you face?
Please pardon the stupid question, but I don't even own a smartphone, so I guess my ignorance is forgivable...
No problem mate and yeah that is why it'd be useful. If I don't add new stuff hardly ever than what I already have, then locking it down would be convenient as long as the security didn't affect noticeable performance badly

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Rooting your Android device is one of the best ways to drop your security.

I disagree. Apps like xprivacy reduce the risk of any malicious apps using root. Also, root allows me to use a firewall, which will add security.

While it is debatable if rooting a phone can reduce or improve security, I would love to get rid of bloatware. I'm moving further away from Goolag, Samsung, and Microsoft. Getting rid of their software is definitely on the list.

Thanks for the recommendation nonetheless.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

ManSoSec

Mar 31, 2018
IntelliAV is among the top :

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/avc_android_201802_en.pdf

The latest version of LineageOS with PrivacyGuard enabled and the latest security updates should suffice. Google Playstore comes with Google Play Protect preinstalled which is Google's antivirus that scans your phone and new apps regularly. I also like the concept behind IntelliAV.

Intelligent Anti-Virus - Android Apps on Google Play

I also like Norton Halt. It allows you to check if you are protected against the latest vulnerabilities.

Norton Halt exploit defender - Android Apps on Google Play

I have yet to hear of a new and updated OS being hit by malware.

Reactions: DeepWeb
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

have you tried the noroot data firewall? seems pretty good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.