10 hurdles to Windows 10 adoption-(Slide Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

It’s been six months since Windows 10 hit the rails, and 200 million people (or so, depending on how you count) have taken the plunge and now run the “last” version of Windows.

There’s no question Windows 10 is the future for Windows users. But there’s room for doubt among those who are holding out for something a bit better than the Windows 10 we have now.

There are plenty of good reasons to stick with Windows 7, if it works for you and you aren’t enthralled with the idea of learning a new operating system. But the push to Windows 10 has taken on a new urgency from Microsoft without as much urgency in rounding out the feature set most die-hard Windows users want from Windows 10.

Here’s a look at what Microsoft should do to make Windows 10 more palatable to those who are still sitting on the fence. Consider it a checklist of sorts: Once Microsoft commits to addressing these concerns, you’ll know Windows 10 is finally legit. If Windows 10 is in your future, it’s the least you should expect from the world’s largest software company.

Source

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
I don't want windows 10 ! Privacy is my friend :)

I like your sentiment about privacy, but Windows 7 can easily have telemetry added to it without the user knowing if MSFT decides to hide it in an update and word it ever so carefully in the description that the user wouldn't be able to realize it.... on the internet there is no such thing as true privacy unfortunately :(

T

TheSuperGeek

I like your sentiment about privacy, but Windows 7 can easily have telemetry added to it without the user knowing if MSFT decides to hide it in an update and word it ever so carefully in the description that the user wouldn't be able to realize it.... on the internet there is no such thing as true privacy unfortunately :(
Yes but I removed telemetry !!! And I make the better I can for my privacy ! :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 10, yes I expect few issues n my laptop but as its been undergone proper patches everything are solved and smooth from the long run.

I understand some users' sentiments on privacy issues but that should be easily fix, + performance wise and even better security integration.

T

TheSuperGeek

Windows 10, yes I expect few issues n my laptop but as its been undergone proper patches everything are solved and smooth from the long run.

I understand some users' sentiments on privacy issues but that should be easily fix, + performance wise and even better security integration.
So how to protect your privacy ?

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.