Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
12 Things You Can Now Do With Windows 10 After The Anniversary Update:
SOURCE: gizmodo.com

It’s Windows 10 update time! The so-called “Anniversary Update” marks a year since the OS officially made it out of Redmond and it’s the biggest update yet. We’ve already posted our initial impressions of the update, but with the hefty patch now rolling out for everybody, here are 12 new tricks to try on your Windows 10 machine...

22382284177_69c1ff4634_z.jpg

• Switch to the dark theme
Paint Windows 10 black with a simple toggle switch change: the dark theme was previously available as a hidden feature in Microsoft’s OS but is now fully official. Go to Settings then pick Personalization and Colours to find the option. It turns dialogs and (some) universal apps dark, and if you’re on a laptop could even save you battery life.
  • Control music playback from the lock screen
The lock screen is where you sign into Windows, and the Anniversary Update is giving it some new features, including music playback controls. It only works if music is already playing in Microsoft’s own Groove app before you lock the screen, but the controls you need appear in the lower-left. Or, you can use Cortana to play music instead…
  • Run extensions in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft’s brand new browser hasn’t exactly set the world on fire yet, but it’s slowly looking more like a competent piece of software. The Anniversary Update brings with it extensions for Edge. There’s a new Extensions entry on the main app menu for managing your add-ons and you can pick up new ones from (where else?) the Windows Store.
  • Translate text and pin tabs in Microsoft Edge
Another new feature in Edge — which is actually just the Microsoft Translator extension — is the ability to switch between different languages when you’re surfing the web. You can also finally pin tabs, just like every other browser in the world, bringing a much-needed power user feature — right-click on a tab and choose Pin to dock it to the left-hand side.

To read the remaining features please visit the link at the top of the page

Have you used any of the new features of Windows 10 since the Anniversary Update?...
..If Yes, What are your opinions of them?

Last edited:
L

Lucent Warrior

The dark theme was ok, but ended up switching back to the default. The two extensions i did try in edge "Ad block Plus & Lastpass" work, although both seem to have some quirks about them which was expected upon extension release. I personally would like to wait until the ability to add more extensions from Chrome store, before i explore any more of edge.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've use Microsoft Edge with extensions of adblocker, however some performance issues still occur when browsing although minimal.

The dark theme of Windows is very acceptable on my view and well polished.

Other than that, the lock screen background is no longer the default Windows background ;) unless disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.