2 computers, 2 malwares, what's next?

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
I have completed the cleanup scans procedure and will attach the folders requested.

I found that on the first step BD total security blocked the installation of the AdwCleaner. As suggested above, uninstalled BD and installed the free avast scanner. I got no malware hits on the avast system scan, but many password protected files in the downloads and one other area that could not be scanned. Had similar type of conflict problems when avast was running while BD scanning was switched off and a few others of this kind.

After activating the avast, AdwCleaner installed and ran well.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Finally, should I remain in this (introductions forum?) or start a new thread for whatever remains of my problem?

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 76
  • FRST.txt
    155.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Addition.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 85
  • aswMBR.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 73

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
That's good news! Since I have the avast scan results after I uninstalled BD on both computers and both these are clean, and then ran the series you recommended with negative results I am feeling much more confident than before.

The greatest problem among many I have seen over the last 6 weeks or so was the sudden appearance of msg from MS that my w 7 program was counterfeit! I got warnings that what was left had been demoted to not perform as it should. I finally tried to rerun the product key (the same one on the package that worked about 2 months before) and got w 7 seeming to be like it was.

I received a number of intermittent loss of connections to the internet on both computers something like can't access the proxy server on both firefox and ie 11. This problem seems to have cleared within the last week.

Yesterday, an encrypted file I have used hundreds of times was corrupted and could not be opened. I don't know if I have ever seen these before.

Over the last 6 weeks, other examples. I had lost confidence in my comps and network. (I have seen security reports on my router that the unit can be hacked easily from the internet, and this seems to include a number of recent router manufacturers.)

I saw that after running avast, BD picked up maleware in folder(s) labelled avast? When I uninstalled avast, the BD scan didn't show these in the report.

And still I have a very large number of files that are password protected. Many of these are hidden files in my download folder labelled as flashplayer files.

I feel quite a lot more comfortable than I had, but still hard to understand all that has been happening.

Sorry for the long note, but to try to answer your question. Thanks for your help.

For the present, I have decided to run the free avast product with BD installed. I plan on completing the scan series on my other computer and submit that too.

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
Here are the reports from my other computer w 7 x 64:

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    980 bytes · Views: 83
  • FRST.txt
    43.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Addition.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 127
  • aswMBR.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 73

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
To add one more odd thing, a little like I have been seeing before.

I use MS synctoy 2.1 for file synchronization. I have never until the other day had any problem installing and running. Today,
I attempted to install on my other computer. The download and install are very quick, a minute altogether at the most. The download worked, but the computer continued to run after clicking to install. It ran for about 1/2 hr and needed to use windows task manager to end the installation. There have been several different programs that this happens to in the last weeks.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
This PC seems clean, only some adware to be cleaned:

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 72

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
This PC seems clean, only some adware to be cleaned:

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Here is the file you requested. Will be away until nexct Monday, thanks and have a good weekend. Al

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 82

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
I use my desktop for all my user files and my laptop to access and write to these in my network.

I still have major problems with the laptop. My documents folder is shown as read-only. I see this when I connect to it, and when saving as the owner can't save and see that I don't have access to the folder. I tried to reset my documents folder to sharing. The sharing task starts and has run for over a almost 2 hours. Shows only 1/2 done and the indicater bar does not progress. There are quite a number of other things that will not work properly. I can't be more specific because, one thing doesn't work, I try something else and that doesn't work, etc.

Any suggestions?

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
My desktop seems to be running ok. I have installed avast and using windows defender on both machines.

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
Here is the logfile from the laptop computer. I am not sure how to tell from the logfile which computer the file refers to. I think the one sent on 1-10-14 was from the desktop.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 125

alWduk

Thread author
Verified
Jan 9, 2014
I am having a dilemma. Machines are 'clean', but having significant problems (per above posts today). The laptop described above is virtually unusable even through it was given a clean install no more than 2 weeks ago. How am I to understand this behavior?

I ordered a w 7 disc since this computer had only the system restore partition. I think I need to do another clean installation from that when it arrives.

Any other thoughts? I have really appreciated your help.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.