2013 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Webroot is really well designed and engineered for minimal impact as well as being cloud-based on Prevx technology.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Spirit said:
It depends but on my machine Avast,Eset,Mse are more lighter than webroot

Wow, that shocks me.
I always found webroot the lightest product on the market.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
3link9 said:
Spirit said:

Wow, that shocks me.

Maybe,but for sure browsing speed is a bit slow with webroot in compare to other light av.

Have noticed on other pcs too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The figures are impressive, just are as "detection rate" graphs (for other products), but the overall product may not suite everyone. Also I think most suites are best designed for Windows XP, but not suited for Vista and 7 as much, and especially not Windows 8 (except some designed for Windows 8).

I did notice that Webroot does affect Youtube, hence why I like WD/MSE because it doesn't scan webpages.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Spirit said:
3link9 said:
Spirit said:

Wow, that shocks me.

Maybe,but for sure browsing speed is a bit slow with webroot in compare to other light av.

Have noticed on other pcs too.

Yeah but I noticed Avast is the worse when it comes to slow browsing as it scans webpages and it affects youtube.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Web filter component is one of the common problems when dealing for browsing matters as the way conducted suffers from original state.

Processes are design to consume a bit as possible to do the task in fast pace way so may generally reflect too.

As usual way, use the maximum requirements as possible to avoid troubles.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
3link9 said:
Yeah but I noticed Avast is the worse when it comes to slow browsing as it scans webpages and it affects youtube.

shock.jpg

are-you-sure.jpg

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
their results are very different from what AVC provides in their last performance test which is odd. usually different tests studies even though not identical they are similar.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.