29 bucks wasted or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tominator

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 16, 2015
Norton Standard slows surfing..I Have Win10 with quad core 2.2ghz....Did I waste 29 dollars?

N

Noxx

Turn off the browser addons it comes with and see if that helps. And no, NORTON is very solid and worth the money if you have a decent computer, internet, and don't bloat your computer with unnecessary crap.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton Security is very good software, for many people you can install and forget about it and it'll take care of your PC.

As to your issue with browsing, have you tried to repair Norton, what did you have installed before, what browser extensions, or any other security software installed?

In some cases left over files from previous software can cause many issues.

If you haven't already I recommend posting your Security Configuration Wizard, include details about your OS, Security, and Browser Extensions.

N

Noxx

Norton Standard slows surfing..I Have Win10 with quad core 2.2ghz....Did I waste 29 dollars?

Also... you may want to consider upgrading your processor. That's very low-end at the moment and wouldn't surprise me if that contributes to your general lack of system performance, particularly in Windows 10 and how it uses a bit more resources.

Reactions: Andytay70 and Jack

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I find Norton underated. Everyone thinks its just the laughingstock of AVs. Never used it but based on MT opinions I would say its not a waste.

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy
A

Alkajak

Norton isn't underrated, it's just inconsistent. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad. There is rarely a middle ground with them.

Reactions: viktik and DardiM

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have been a long term Norton user and on my systems it is very light and have not noticed any slow downs what so ever. I think your problem may be elsewhere.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Before Norton, what AV have you got ?
I suppose, reading your post, you didn't have this surfing problem before.

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not a bad investment, you should keep in mind that an AV will generally affects the performance of Windows because of resources to gather.

Always make a cleaning to your system first and conduct a trial test of an AV to ensure any observation.

Norton Security is a straightforward because all of its protection goes mostly on cloud.

Reactions: DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.