360 Internet Security new look

Status
Not open for further replies.

karakteran

Mar 7, 2015
i won't make any attempt on 360 IS trying to uninstall it. almost made my life hell trying to remove it with revo pro...very stubborn piece of software...if things get worse i'll try iobit uninstaller as my last hope to save my laptop from freezing up...

how about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Piteko21

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I have never had a problem uninstalling 360 IS or 360 TS. Did you download it from the Official 360 safe.com site or some other site..?

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
that's my concern as well, will be light on system as it is right now...otherwise i'm done. i can't uninstall it, no way tried twice with revo and revo pro, couldn't make it...now i'm prisoner of 360 IS...
Well that's the issue. Using a third party uninstaller to remove the program. Obviously 360's self defense is fighting back.

This is what I think you should do.
1. Rerun the installer to fix the program.
2. Open 360 settings
3. Under general > click deactivate self defense >ok
4. Right click on 360 icon, exit
5. If you have a start menu, all programs > 360 internet security > uninstall 360 internet security
6. Follow instructions
7. Reboot.
8, Done

karakteran

Mar 7, 2015
if i understood corectly you want me to install 360 IS again? point # 1 confuses me.
2ugo1w8.jpg

but i can reach uninstaller in program files/360
2hd1u6a.jpg

and run it
2afl55i.jpg

would be that enough to start uninstall process? of course i will deactivate self protection and exit tray icon first.
1zbcg08.jpg

2a7wg3a.jpg

Last edited:

karakteran

Mar 7, 2015
probably my 360 IS is more stubborn than yours. it won't give up even with revo pro. otherwise i use revo free for years and it works like charm. untill now.:(

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
if i understood corectly you want me to install 360 IS again? point # 1 confuses me.
2ugo1w8.jpg

Yes. this is too fix 360. Most likely revo have some damaged so it cannot remove itself completely. After all what more have you got to lose?

i can reach uninstaller in program files/360 and run it. would be that enough to start uninstall process? of course i will deactivate self protection and exit tray icon first.
1zbcg08.jpg

2a7wg3a.jpg

2hd1u6a.jpg

2afl55i.jpg

Yup. You got me. Follow the sequence of pic I posted. Yeah. That is enough. That is how I always uninstall an AV. That should be enough to remove it.

After reaching the last pic, just key in a fake email/or your real email and write your reasons. I noticed 360 did not reply emails anymore. You could try emailing them. Maybe you have better luck than me.

I guess a serious issue such as yours will prompt them to reply your messages

Reactions: karakteran

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I would rather have 360 internet security because I don't really want speed up and patching

Reactions: MikeV

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
This is out of topic (Topic is about 360 IS new look) however i would suggest you to try a system restore.
System Restore is always useful in such cases ;)

karakteran

Mar 7, 2015
i guess you are right. i won't reinstall my windows 7 for now. it works good except system restore. lots of work expecting me if i decide to reinstall my OS. not in the mod to do that. for now, as i said. you never know what might happen in the (near) future.

thx for the link. i won't post my issue there. i got what i wanted to know. you can freely delete all off topic posts. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.