Battle 360 Internet Security vs Eset Smart Security 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Both are complete. But I'd give the upper hand to ESET Smart Security 7.
Currently using it. Changed from Norton Internet Security to Eset Smart Security 7 today :)

Reactions: adyblueboy

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Not to mention being free or paid I choose with my eyes closed Eset, which for me is the suite of the market that has better detection of malware and Pups, has a quiet ram intake, since it does not bring any impact on your system , super lightweight. Eset is more complete and more polished. 360is in my view is the best free antivirus market, excelent signatures (bitdefender + Cloud QVM), a lightweight TBM, a good proactive security and firewall will in the future. If you are willing to test or pay a eset suite. If you can not use Comodo Firewall + 360 Is My opinion # :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Dont get me wrong Qihoo is a great product, but I guess I'm just used to Eset having used it for many many years.:)
I know i also tried ESET for some months, everything was fine but i didn't like it 0 day protection, then i watched review of qihoo 360 version 4.8 & saw they improved there 0 day protection which impressed me. Before I was always confused how qihoo 0 day protection will work against malware. Sure ESET gets a bit high detection rate then qihoo in on-demand scan but i believe in prevention. Qihoo did a lot better & stills new, i bet it will do far better then other security products. Also qihoo is lighter then ESET in my system . thnx :D

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Agreed that Eset doesn't have the best zero day protection, and it's hips could be improved in terms of having some type of default rules,already set.In other words it's hips in default mode doesn't really do much.If you set it's hips to policy based mode it is a great deal stronger
Then again I dont use it's hips, relying on Comodo to cover that aspect of my security,so Eset fills my needs very well.
It's web filter is very good,and is as light as a feather on my machine!
(For zero day F-Secure/Kaspersky are very very good)

No doubt Qihoo will improve in time to be one of the best products (and free)!!

Cheers!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yup but since i use CF, i don't need to worry about HIPS. Qihoo also own good webfilter. Best thing it's free & u don't need to pay any single penny since many AV users are Freebies :D & gives as same level protection as top branded AV. CF + ESET was a bit heavy in my machine so i removed ESET. And for 0 day u forget EAM in ur list ;)

Reactions: Kent and Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yup but since i use CF, i don't need to worry about HIPS. Qihoo also own good webfilter. Best thing it's free & u don't need to pay any single penny since many AV users are Freebies :D & gives as same level protection as top branded AV. CF + ESET was a bit heavy in my machine so i removed ESET. And for 0 day u forget EAM in ur list ;)
Of course!
I forgot about Emsisoft:D

Qihoo's webfilter does not work for me on Chrome.
I don't know why?
Can you elaborate?

Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Of course!

Qihoo's webfilter does not work for me on Chrome.
I don't know why?
Can you elaborate?

How? hmm. i can see " 360 WebShield Plug-in" in my chrome extension list but i didn't loaded in firefox addons list. and Qihoo did blocked some phishing sites before when i didn't use k9, Panda URl filter etc. But since i didn't trust qihoo webfilter fully, i use k9, panda url filter , norton dns, didn't slowed down my surfing.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.