Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yeah, I have the plugin too,but it has never blocked a malicious site when using Chrome!
It does catch the file on download however!

Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, I have the plugin too,but it has never blocked a malicious site when using Chrome!
It does catch the file on download however!
Yea, maybe u r right, that's why i told u before i don't trust any single security product.Try panda url filter with it.I like it download protection & registry protection ;)

Reactions: Venustus

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
outbreaks humble opinion is better Eset Internet Security light is not confrontational and does not consume a lot of memory just use it now and I'm happy with it, and as for programs of Chinese do not trust, that is my opinion.:D

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
are not tuned to the evil opinions of Internet users may be popular in the Asian part of Europe but is not enough, few, most often they are counterfeit of originals and always with a hidden virus, moreover, like all products, china have bad opinions.No offense but that is an opinion.:(

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
are not tuned to the evil opinions of Internet users may be popular in the Asian part of Europe but is not enough, few, most often they are counterfeit of originals and always with a hidden virus, moreover, like all products, china have bad opinions.No offense but that is an opinion.:(

Is that ur opinion why u not use chiense AV or products,i can understand. what If i say all NSA is behind all AV made in USA & AV sell user information to NSA or other private agency? How i can trust other AV Privacy policy? How if i say different Antivirus from worldwide controlling by their own country governments? Personally I don't trust any AV judging them by their country. First I watch reviews of AV & if it looks promising then i search about it in different forums & also in Google. watch it's user reviews & then i read it's privacy policy & if still doubt i contact their AV vendor.It's not proved 100% that qihoo sell user's information, so now it's safe to use it. thnx :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could you elaborate on 'what's more complete'?

What are YOU looking for in a security product; do you require Anti-Theft, Sandbox, Web Filtering, enhanced PUP detection?

adyblueboy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Could you elaborate on 'what's more complete'?

What are YOU looking for in a security product; do you require Anti-Theft, Sandbox, Web Filtering, enhanced PUP detection?
All of that and everything means protections in everyday use.I think eset is to 10% up on qihoo 360 for windows 8.1.

Reactions: Solarlynx

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
It most matters for me the fact that Qihoo has good HIPS (though not as powerful as Comodo's or Online Armor's), and the HIPS of ESET is still in embryo.

bmn

Jun 7, 2014
Total Security 360 v4
aded sandbox

Untitled+1.jpg

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
When is comes to Zero-Day Protection both ESET & Qihoo are awesome, but since ESET has a lot more features than Qihoo & lighter than Qihoo, I will go for ESET.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
ESET's Zero-Day Protection relies on its signatures,

ESET Signature is so-called DNA-based generic signatures, which are rather complex definitions of malicious behavior and malware characteristics. These generic signatures also rely on heuristics and emulation to evaluate the scanned sample.

In the generic signatures lies the strength of ESET’s proactive detection. This means that the detection is effective, as well as efficient – a single well-crafted generic signature can detect thousands of related malware variants and that our antivirus software can detect not only malware that we know of, or have seen before, but also new, previously unknown variants

Most of the AV have Behavior Blocker to detect malicious behavior whereas in ESET if you enable Potentially Unwanted Application & Potentially Unsafe Application that will be able to detect most of the malwares, ESET signature is itself works better than any Behavior Blocker.

The 3 New Features introduced in ESET Smart Security 7 are good features but they still need a lot of work.

HIPS really doesn't exist for a normal user, HIPS are made for the users who use to say that ESET's Zero-Day Protection is not good, so just Configure it how you want & it will provide the best zero day protection.

I am really not good at testing firewall but i do love Interactive Mode of Firewall which is really very awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwalker

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Yup but since i use CF, i don't need to worry about HIPS. Qihoo also own good webfilter. Best thing it's free & u don't need to pay any single penny since many AV users are Freebies :D & gives as same level protection as top branded AV. CF + ESET was a bit heavy in my machine so i removed ESET. And for 0 day u forget EAM in ur list ;)

Can you please post screenshot of 360 Web Protection in action ex-malicious site blocked...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.