Battle 360 Total Security Essential vs. Emsisoft Antimalware 10 (For Windows 10)

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hi, I think that the system impact is almost the same.
Emsisoft is heavy in many systems but 360 TSE can be heavy too.
if I could choose I choose Emsisoft. their behavior detector is very good, compared to the 360.
Emsisoft seems to be more consistent than the Qihoo.
Qihoo 360 has Glasswire as firewall and sandbox plus protection for documents against ransomware or other malware.
I think it's much the same...
in the end I would get Qihoo 360 because it is totally free;)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Voted for Qihoo 360 because of their great detection rate, their blazing fast scan (recent MalwarePack took 35 seconds to scan and detect all viruses, and took about 3-5 minutes to clean / delete), the fast response to SUDs / FUDs, their quick update and of course it is free. As it comes to system impact, I can neither feel it on my older tower PC nor on my laptop.
I also use EEK, which takes lot's of time to update signatures, cannot speak for EAM though.
Also I've not detected bugs when using Qihoo 360 TSE Win 8.1 as well as 10.
Also attached the specs of the old(er) machine I use to test viruses.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 509
  • Unbenannt2.JPG
    Unbenannt2.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 469

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
if I had to choose I would choose Emsisoft because from what I know it Emsisoft is already compatible with Windows 10 except it has a better detection rate and is really robust software with a good reputation.
Some praise the 360 Total Security but I somehow do not trust this program.
but a free and individual choice that each case.

S

SkyJP

Qihoo as a free option due to access to multiple engines and simple sandbox.

Emsisoft as a paid option, for strong security, fast scanning speeds in the new version, behaviour blocker, and very low system footprint.

I'll also throw Emsisoft's concentration on protecting your privacy as well....

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I am a long time Emsisoft user but lately I am enjoying Qihoo 360 more, it is lighter and dont trash my HDD while it is doing the update rotine like EAM does.

Dont get me wrong, Emsisoft is one of the best or the best antivirus these days, but Qihoo 360 runs better on my machine and I like its sandbox + HIPS + agressive cloud heuristics.

Try it on your pc, both are very good.

PS: Qihoo 360 is free, Emisisoft is privacy conscious.

D

Deleted member 2913

360 (free) - IMHO... Good detection, FPs prone, BB/HIPS (not suitable for average users), slowdown/heavy with all the engines enabled, etc...
EAM (paid) - IMHO... Good detection, BB/HIPS (easy enough for average users due to EAM network), light & effective, etc...

My experience of both on Win 7 64 with 4GB RAM.
Haven't tried on Win 10 64 yet.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Emsisoft is a more polished product with less bugs and false positives. Detection is about the same in general, so if money is not a problem, go for Emsisoft.
I use it on Windows 10 x64 (Intel i5 4200M, 5GB of ram) and have not noticed any problems or slowdowns that are irritaring.

Last edited:

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
TSE is not stable\good. I had 360 IS it upgraded automatically to TSE, system freeze.
use the TS it is more stable
it seems like qihoo just invest in the TS not TSE.
I had it on 2 XP's uninstall on both and install TS
ram usage is lower on TS
I wouldn't pay for AV as long as Qihoos around simply coz it is as good as paid if not better.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
no need to use BD and Avira as long as you have stable connection qihoos engine is enough and from all testing I made it is almost the same. and no qihoo doesn't slow down the system and has low ram usage.

I have the same opinion as you, Qihoo cloud engine has amazing detection with some false positives, but it is manageable.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Used them both in the past. Emsisoft was a resource hog for me. And with so many false positives, my personal experience was not that pleasant. Not sure, if the newer versions have improved or even got worse.

On the other hand, 360 did a great job for me. Zero issues. And on top of everything, it's free.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Do not be paranoid guy ;)
360TS/E is best for free...
EA10 is amazing - but for money...

And if yo
Used them both in the past. Emsisoft was a resource hog for me. And with so many false positives, my personal experience was not that pleasant. Not sure, if the newer versions have improved or even got worse.

On the other hand, 360 did a great job for me. Zero issues. And on top of everything, it's free.
Really, 360 TS had less fp's than EAM for you? When was that, and what engines enabled do you refer to for 360?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.