Battle 360 Total Security Essential vs. Emsisoft Antimalware 10 (For Windows 10)

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
I have the same opinion as you, Qihoo cloud engine has amazing detection with some false positives, but it is manageable.
yes FP'S is qihoos weak point but you are getting solid protection and low ram usage and stable not making any problem with the operating system and thats a lot of positives.

Used them both in the past. Emsisoft was a resource hog for me. And with so many false positives, my personal experience was not that pleasant. Not sure, if the newer versions have improved or even got worse.

On the other hand, 360 did a great job for me. Zero issues. And on top of everything, it's free.
yes qihoo is the best option and not heavy on the system. I never used emsi but others had the same experience as you

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
no need to use BD and Avira as long as you have stable connection qihoos engine is enough and from all testing I made it is almost the same. and no qihoo doesn't slow down the system and has low ram usage.

Qihoo 360 Cloud only detection... will mean MUCH LESS memory use then Emisisoft.

but if you have Bitdefender and Avira engines running along side Qihoo cloud ...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Technically if we are going to focus on in-house engine seems really a neck to neck but in terms of FP rates then likely Emsisoft manage to handle it.

Second: Components which makes it simplified goes to Emsisoft as their BB can replicate to be user friendly whereas Qihoo's HIPS is primarily for advance users but considering other stuff like Sandbox to check on.

Overall this two have a little difference where one is free and paid, therefore the logic for typical user is go to free where no money involved. ;)

Reactions: done

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
EAM is the best av!
respect privacy, Qihoo no!
trusted company, Qihoo no they do cheateing!
EAM has great BB, low Fps, hourly update...
great defense against government malware(by the sides of wikileaks)
and so...

Reactions: LabZero

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I used it very long time. Its simply superb making system fast, removes virus. But only think is not able to update the antivirus.
Bitdefender engine makes some problems, yes. But updating (Total Security) works fine for me, clicking on the version number, I am offered to upgrade to the current version (on the fly). You can also download the installer from their website, it will do the upgrade for you.

Reactions: done and Tabeer

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
Bitdefender engine makes some problems, yes. But updating (Total Security) works fine for me, clicking on the version number, I am offered to upgrade to the current version (on the fly). You can also download the installer from their website, it will do the upgrade for you.

Thanks for the information but now I'm using Microsoft security essentials and it is quite helpful for me for the time being.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
If privacy is your main concerned disconnect you computer from the internet. no privacy once you connect the cable

Sorry, but your reply is nonsense. You can adjust your settings in all apps, browsers, social networks.... for better privacy.

Reactions: done

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Sorry, but your reply is nonsense. You can adjust your settings in all apps, browsers, social networks.... for better privacy.

Not all applications allow you to change your privacy, and once you click " I agree" on ToS or EULA, you're allow to share some information with the company and allow them to store it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Not all applications allow you to change your privacy, and once you click " I agree" on ToS or EULA, you're allow to share some information with the company and allow them to store it.
Some application allows you to change settings to improve privacy, while others don't.

You can choose an antivirus which allows you change some settings, or you can choose another which doesn't. That's up to the user.

And like you said
"once you click " I agree" on ToS or EULA, you're allow to share some information."
The keyword is "some", not all.

Reactions: Malakke

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Indeed there are some programs that the privacy collection method are opt-in by default so all have you to do is to 'Trust' them based on declared privacy policy. But much better when others provided features to opt-out as mentioned for collecting the information; nevertheless everything are declared on what their policy wants to do + there is a jurisdiction of anything are below the belt.

Hence EAM and Qihoo shows different ways on their privacy but both are not in the alarming issue.

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.