Battle 360 Total Security vs Bitdefender Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Watch the videos. Don't just read the posts. Don't you think when cloud protection came about they did not implement an offline mode? Come on people. Daniel from Weboot can explain this. But again who is actually ever "offline"? And if you are then why? Unless your internet connection is down.

Man. there is difference between Behavioral Blocking and Blocking using signatures.

Anyway I don't wanna Argue with you anymore. You stick to your logic and sleep tight.

but here is few ways I get offline sometimes.

1. I play lots of multiplayer game and join LAN tournaments. My friends and Me get together with Laptop and play on LAN.
2. Sometimes I go to my friends house to collect movies.
3. Sometimes my internet is down.
4. I travel a lot

Also in my home I have 5 systems. Out of which only two are connected to Internet. And google for how many of users actually have internet connection. may be that will help you better.

I will request Admins to Lock this topic as this is getting offtopic.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
How are you gonna get infected if you are in a LAN party? If you are your friends house you cannot connect to his/her wifi? There are free wifi hot spots everywhere. You can also turn any smart phone into a mobile hot spot.

Bottom line again. Just because you run cloud protection does not mean you do not have offline protection.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
I love when people question "offline" protection with cloud products. Every cloud product does keep files locally. The other thing is when is anyone ever "offline"? What do you do disable your wifi or disconnect your Ethernet cable? No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected. What good is a pc without an internet connection.

I can tell you that qihoo does not have a cache of recent files detected by the cloud, you can easily see that, for example try it wil a malware: disable bitdefender, then let the cloud catch the malware, turn off the internet, launch the file.... and the file will run with no problems. I am agree that others products like webroot or panda create a cache of detected files, because in the same scenario as mentioned before, they would catch the malware in offline mode (of course if had to be detected before by the cloud, to create a cache).

360 has a major flaw which I have brought up. 360 web protection does not work in Chrome. A junk file cleaner does not belong in an antivirus product. That's CCleaners job. I will also add that 360 has a very high false positive rate. The first scan I ran it told me that a system32 file was malware. Others complained about this also. Detection rates aren't everything people. Heck look at Avast's popularity.

No AV is perfect, at least for me i have used qihoo for 3 months and no FP was seen during this period. Don't judge programs by your situation. I can accurately tell you that trend micro house call does really have a lot of FP (for example)

If you are sticking your USB stick into infected pc's then plugging it into your then that is your own fault. Not you specifically Tony. I have 6 USB sticks. All immunized and autoruns disabled. Never have I ever had an issue. But if you are offline and get infected the second you reconnect the files will be checked via the cloud. And if found malicious will then be removed.

Bottom line is that every cloud product offers offline protection.

Qihoo does have a protection for USB, if an .exe .dll etc, file is tried to be executed a pop up will ask you if you want to run it or no, as you said immunized usb only prevent the autorun file of been executed, there are others methods to infect your pc without autorun file

At least me as a student, not all the file i am online, thats why i dont rely on programs that uses signatures to protect your pc, i like soft that have behaviour blocker that much better. Eset is extremely good at detection rates, but take out the signatures, and eset would not prevent your pc of been infected. At least in my tests HIPS mode, heuristic scanner etc... all of them have failed to protect the VM of been infected. Yes, you can make it work with custom config. but for normal users who doesnt understand what at least HIPS means, it would be a headache for them, as general users dont play with the programs config in general

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Almost the same detection rate. most detections come from qihoo. bitdefender and avira engine is just marketing.

Are you sure? Coz i thought it worked completely in the cloud?

How it does perform on an offline system, that's not connected to internet?

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
How's 360Total Security without BD and Avira engines not enabled?
Almost the same detection rate. most detections come from qihoo. bitdefender and avira engine is just marketing.

No it is not the same, if you make an offline scan you would see that the detection rate is a quiet low compared to the paid version of bitdefender. Yes almost all the detections come from qihoo but remember that this product sponsor Qihoo engine not bit or avira. with out internet qihoo does nothing, just beginning into the fact that it doesnt have all the signatures from bitdefender

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I love when people question "offline" protection with cloud products. Every cloud product does keep files locally. The other thing is when is anyone ever "offline"? What do you do disable your wifi or disconnect your Ethernet cable? No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected. What good is a pc without an internet connection.

Cloud av local signatures have a smaller size, much smaller. without the cloud the av is almost usless and detect not much with the local signatures. and this 99% is just not true. i have much friends they working on laptops quit often without internet for studium and other things and they using much usb, extern hdds. sure it is there own fault if they plugin a usb or any other device. but hey, they just dont know it, so dont blame humans if they dont even know they can get infected pc/laptop true usb sticks or others thinks.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Cloud av local signatures have a smaller size, much smaller. without the cloud the av is almost usless and detect not much with the local signatures. and this 99% is just not true. i have much friends they working on laptops quit often without internet for studium and other things and they using much usb, extern hdds. sure it is there own fault if they plugin a usb or any other device. but hey, they just dont know it, so dont blame humans if they dont even know they can get infected pc/laptop true usb sticks or others thinks.

but remember that in this case qihoo does not make a "cache" of detected files, so there is no protection from the cloud except from the incomple database from bit or avira

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.