Battle 360 Total Security vs Bitdefender Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hi friends I have the Winoptimicer program 11 and pass and told me I had the 360safe.exe can not delete and search in google and found this:
< Site removed >

This antivirus is legit or not?

Thanks for your advice

Mod Edit: Removed URL to potential scam site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nissimezra

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Hi friends I have the Winoptimicer program 11 and pass and told me I had the 360safe.exe can not delete and search in google and found this:
< Site removed >

This antivirus is legit or not?

Thanks for your advice
Dont enter on this website is Scam

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nissimezra

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Check the latest version guys ...

with all engines on 360 TS using only 40-45 MB of memory. It's very light after today's update :D

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Qihoos cloud engines are great.. they actually does not need Bitdefender or Avira engines. But I guess for offline mode we need some protection.
Yep, agree. Its a good idea to keep BD engine up to date for laptop or pc that travel.
qihoo's problem that without internet its dummy

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
I love when people question "offline" protection with cloud products. Every cloud product does keep files locally. The other thing is when is anyone ever "offline"? What do you do disable your wifi or disconnect your Ethernet cable? No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected. What good is a pc without an internet connection.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I love when people question "offline" protection with cloud products. Every cloud product does keep files locally. The other thing is when is anyone ever "offline"? What do you do disable your wifi or disconnect your Ethernet cable? No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected. What good is a pc without an internet connection.

1. "Every cloud product does keep files locally" --> I do not agree. If all the signatures are kept locally then it won't be called cloud.
2. "No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected." --> Don't judge others by your situation.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Qihoo 360 Total Security is extremely impressive.
360 web threat protection blocks malicious & phishing url very effectively .
Malware detection rate is very high.
Patch up feature detects and apply Windows OS patch.
Junk files cleaning feature is very good.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
1. "Every cloud product does keep files locally" --> I do not agree. If all the signatures are kept locally then it won't be called cloud.
2. "No one does that. 99% of devices are always connected." --> Don't judge others by your situation.

Learn how cloud products work please. All cloud products such as Webroot and Panda have a backup. That means they keep files stored locally to protected users who are offline.

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Offline-protection/td-p/82843

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57469922-12/pandas-cloud-antivirus-upgrades-offline-protection/

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It does not mention (in the above link) file(s) are stored offline Yes WSA-ISP is very strong while offline as it has it's monitoring of unknown files and when you connect to Internet it will check it or them and if marked bad in the Cloud it will rollback to the pre-infection state

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Qihoo 360 Total Security is extremely impressive.
360 web threat protection blocks malicious & phishing url very effectively .
Malware detection rate is very high.
Patch up feature detects and apply Windows OS patch.
Junk files cleaning feature is very good.

360 has a major flaw which I have brought up. 360 web protection does not work in Chrome. A junk file cleaner does not belong in an antivirus product. That's CCleaners job. I will also add that 360 has a very high false positive rate. The first scan I ran it told me that a system32 file was malware. Others complained about this also. Detection rates aren't everything people. Heck look at Avast's popularity.

Reactions: Tony Cole

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
It does not mention (in the above link) file(s) are stored offline Yes WSA-ISP is very strong while offline as it has it's monitoring of unknown files and when you connect to Internet it will check it or them and if marked bad in the Cloud it will rollback to the pre-infection state

Watch the videos. Don't just read the posts. Don't you think when cloud protection came about they did not implement an offline mode? Come on people. Daniel from Weboot can explain this. But again who is actually ever "offline"? And if you are then why? Unless your internet connection is down.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Some people may be offline (for what reason I'm not too sure!) but if one where offline I would like to think there was some degree of protection, i.e., an infected USB etc.,

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
If you are sticking your USB stick into infected pc's then plugging it into your then that is your own fault. Not you specifically Tony. I have 6 USB sticks. All immunized and autoruns disabled. Never have I ever had an issue. But if you are offline and get infected the second you reconnect the files will be checked via the cloud. And if found malicious will then be removed.

Bottom line is that every cloud product offers offline protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.