Advice Request Is 360 total security good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crypto

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
360TS is a really good antivirus, especially on the free side. You can bundle other security software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Unchecky, Crystal Security, and others depending on how you want your security configuration.

I would personally recommend using the 360 Total Security Essential because it is just the antivirus itself and not the other stuff bundled.

Crypto

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Not because it's Chinese, I just don't trust them. I look at them and it all seems shady compared to vendors like Avast and Avira. Even the GUI itself.

Every antivirus vendor has some sort of shady past to it or a shady future for that matter. Kaspersky, Avira, avast!, etc. You can find articles relating to nearly any mainstream antivirus individuals use.

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
360TS is predictably good considering the number of engines it uses. Of course with that many engines, you can expect much more false positives from different engines/vendors.

As for trustworthiness, I don't trust them, have not installed it on my host, and will not. Avast Free w/ Aggressive Hardened Mode and PUP Detection is comparably good.

Windows Defender with VoodooShield is even better, although more intrusive with popups/permissions.

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Not because it's Chinese, I just don't trust them. I look at them and it all seems shady compared to vendors like Avast and Avira. Even the GUI itself.
look without internet there is nothing on pc thats a fact....and u need better antivirus with no buden on pc i hv seen many antivirus develop by chinese companies there main area r better security and engine too and low usage on pc...but kaspersky n bitdender r just heavy products and there r many more etc..with bsod error i hv used them..if u r going online then u shud go with these type of internet security free antivirus with engines..and i am good with 360 security !!no problem!!

360TS is a really good antivirus, especially on the free side. You can bundle other security software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Unchecky, Crystal Security, and others depending on how you want your security configuration.
I would personally recommend using the 360 Total Security Essential because it is just the antivirus itself and not the other stuff bundled.

but now malwarebyte doesnot compatible with 360 security and any other security..i had uninstalled it because now it is not ur 3rd party antivirus

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
but now malwarebyte doesnot compatible with 360 security and any other security..i had uninstalled it because now it is not ur 3rd party antivirus

"Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee?
Certainly! We built Malwarebytes 3.0 to be compatible with all major anti-virus software, even Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials. In fact by default Malwarebytes 3.0 installs in compatible mode alongside Defender, MSE or third-party antivirus products."

Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
I never tested 360 TS before, but based on tests here at MT and by independent bodies, I would argue that it is a decent solution. However, some people are skeptical and reluctant about using this piece of software due to its development company based in China. Also, their main source of revenue is from advertising and there are some concerns regarding their privacy policy. Recently, they were caught cheating on the tests by independent bodies and it seems that their software intentionally whitelists Chinese adware.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
whats with other free av's like panda or avira? multiple engines can makes some false positives.

Well, the tests from qihoo are impressive here..but their privacy policy...No thanks....i wanna trust and not hope

W

Wave

Every antivirus vendor has some sort of shady past to it or a shady future for that matter. Kaspersky, Avira, avast!, etc. You can find articles relating to nearly any mainstream antivirus individuals use.
It's got nothing to do with their past, I just look at them and feel something isn't "right". It's just a natural instinct for me not to trust it, and I cannot explain why. Just how things are sometimes. Surely you've looked at something before and just naturally not trusted it without knowing why? It could be for any reason.

However it is a decent product still.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm going to assume you don't trust it due to it being china-based?
Are you kidding me ?
China's own government orders the collection and handing over of collected telemetry and customer info, and thats not just from 360, its from all Chinese Software vendors.
Not long ago, twice they were caught letting adware and other material through for cash payment.
Enjoy your security product, courtesy of China
Don't take my word for it, do your homework ;)

W

Wave

Are you kidding me ?
China's own government orders the collection and handing over of collected telemetry and customer info, and thats not just from 360, its from all Chinese Software vendors.
Not long ago, twice they were caught letting adware and other material through for cash payment.
Enjoy your security product, courtesy of China
Don't take my word for it, do your homework ;)
I've found Qihoo to be bundled with a lot of adware installers in the past before as well, in some AV reviews in the past you can even see the Chinese version of Qihoo get installed, and then the tester gets confused and wonders if it's the genuine one or real, even though it's always the real one LOL.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I've found Qihoo to be bundled with a lot of adware installers in the past before as well, in some AV reviews in the past you can even see the Chinese version of Qihoo get installed, and then the tester gets confused and wonders if it's the genuine one or real, even though it's always the real one LOL.
What bothers me the most is, they want to champion a product, but know so little
about it, its parent company and its history. To champion for a product with the rep
360 has, not one leg to stand on. But hey, its a free world I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.