Battle 360 TS vs. avast! free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Do you use MBAM Pro or just the free version? how often do you have to run cleanups?
It seems you are having problems with just about all AV's. Maybe AVG Free or Panda Cloud?

Enjoy!! :D
Nope, i was posted link about peoples having problems using Avira & MBAM at same system during malware cleanup & was asking u if u having problems like this if u using MBAM with avira coz i never tried that combo in my life. Plus it's nothing to do with how often i do cleanups , if Avira is messing during MBAM registry cleanup then i won't touch until Avira fix this solution. AVG malware removal is not so effective & also false positive coz i tried it before. I'll back to my beloved qihoo IS . Anyways thnx brah :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Nope, i was posted link about peoples having problems using Avira & MBAM at same system during malware cleanup & was asking u if u having problems like this if u using MBAM with avira coz i never tried that combo in my life. Plus it's nothing to do with how often i do cleanups , if Avira is messing during MBAM registry cleanup then i won't touch until Avira fix this solution. AVG malware removal is not so effective & also false positive coz i tried it before. I'll back to my beloved qihoo IS . Anyways thnx brah :)
What previous AV were you using before Qihoo 360? and why did you dump Qihoo 360?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
What previous AV were you using before Qihoo 360? and why did you dump Qihoo 360?

I was using qihoo TS, suddenly it started to eat my cpu usage badly from some days,did every experiment but not anything work so i ditched it. The reason was bitdefender & Avira eating CPU in realtime. Currently using qihoo IS, if i feel laggy , i'll disable bitdefender engine.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Sure try Avira it is very light if you don't install web protection. I also recommend it to customers with low end systems and pc gamers.

Avira caused big slowdown to Microsoft office 2013 when opening documents, ppt's etc on my Windows 8 system. And it does not use any caching technology for scanning.
Just my experience xD

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My experiences:

360ts (avira and bd off):
Low ram usage 45mb, less than my browser tabs or windows proces (WWAhost.exe 118mb, explorer 50mb)
BB
fast scan.
Speedup, on manual give me great tool to control autoruns...

Avast:
Black screen bug (w8)
Ransomware on family computer
New version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update...

I'm still on 360 waiting next comodo release (memory leak on my W8.1)

Reactions: Nikos751

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
My experiences:

360ts (avira and bd off):
Low ram usage 45mb, less than my browser tabs or windows proces (WWAhost.exe 118mb, explorer 50mb)
BB
fast scan.
Speedup, on manual give me great tool to control autoruns...

Avast:
Black screen bug (w8)
Ransomware on family computer
New version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update, (after reboot) new version, reboot to update...

I'm still on 360 waiting next comodo release (memory leak on my W8.1)
Next comodo release; it will be still buggy and probably with low actual malware detection rate xD
Does 360ts block malware when it's written on the disk; I be found it somewhat sleepy when tested it on VM. (I needed to run or scan the files manually to detect them).

Reactions: RmG152

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Next comodo release; it will be still buggy and probably with low actual malware detection rate xD
Does 360ts block malware when it's written on the disk; I be found it somewhat sleepy when tested it on VM. (I needed to run or scan the files manually to detect them).

CIS with tweaked settings maybe doesn't detect more than 75% with av component, but stop all at 99% (some virus introduce anticomodo measures)

But it's true, actually comodo is full of bugs.

PD: actually sandboxed apps run 564016541561561% faster xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.