4.3.215 version update ,MSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
MSE has an new update, 4.3.215 out now, wonder what kind of updates ?

>

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I thought it was version 4.2.223 still?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'll see what I can find. :)

About 2 months ago, on 15th May 2013 this was announced.

// removed //

Since then there have been updates on MSE Pre-release 4.3.x and were mostly minor bugfixes.

MSE 4.3.215 could be the Final release of MSE 4.3.x including more bugfixes.

I may not be accurate, but this is what I gathered from the MSE Pre-release Forums.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
I downloaded it since it was available in my Control Panel, 'Available Important Updates' . No info what type of changes though.

>

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft never release Public changelogs. But do check your PM.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Earth said:
I'll see what I can find. :)

About 2 months ago, on 15th May 2013 this was announced.

// removed //

Since then there have been updates on MSE Pre-release 4.3.x and were mostly minor bugfixes.

MSE 4.3.215 could be the Final release of MSE 4.3.x including more bugfixes.

I may not be accurate, but this is what I gathered from the MSE Pre-release Forums.

This version should be available to anybody since it was shown on my "WINDOWS UPDATE" screen. Did anybody check their updates?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
So far there are no downloads available for this version on Microsoft, every downloaded file was 4.2.223.0.
Windows Defender on Windows 8, goes by the same version number as MSE.
Checked Windows Update on my laptop and this version was not listed.

Checked on updates on Windows Defender and it said it was updated, current version 4.2.223.0.

Nothing on Google either.

Thanks.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
So far there are no downloads available for this version on Microsoft, every downloaded file was 4.2.223.0.

Checked on updates on Windows Defender and it said it was updated, current version 4.2.223.0.

That was the first thing I checked, but I couldn't find anything as well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well, the changelog is in the link I provided, other than that I can't say no more.

If you want to know more https://connect.microsoft.com .

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Littlebits said:

I have the KBxxxxxxx Definition # for the 4.3.215 if you need it. Found out that it was posted as the previous 4.2.223.0 number.

>

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
acme said:
Littlebits said:

I have the KBxxxxxxx Definition # for the 4.3.215 if you need it. Found out that it was posted as the previous 4.2.223.0 number.

>

Sure what is the KB #? I believe this is an update patch not a new version.

Thanks. :D

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Littlebits said:
acme said:
Littlebits said:

>

Sure what is the KB #? I believe this is an update patch not a new version.

UPDATE FOR MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - 4.3.215.0 (KB2855265)

INSTALLATION DATE: ‎7/‎10/‎2013 1:09 AM
INSTALLATION STATUS: SUCCESSFUL
UPDATE TYPE: IMPORTANT
THIS PACKAGE WILL UPDATE MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS CLIENT ON THE USER'S MACHINE.
ANTIMALWAWARE CLIENT VERSION: 4.3.215.0
ANTIVIRUS DEFINITION: 1.153.1860.0

>

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
it's prerelease edition
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-Security-Essentials-Download-131683.html

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure what is going on with this update, I found some other users on Google which also got this update in their Windows Updates, but it appears that most users didn't get it.

According to all the info I can find, this is a pre-release not a final version.

Microsoft appears to have remove details for KB2855265, maybe the update was recalled because of problems and Microsoft just didn't let anyone know.

I have two systems running MSE and neither one got this update from Windows Updates.

Download links on Microsoft are still hosting v.4.2.223.0 but you can get the pre-release from Softpedia.

Enjoy!! :D

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Littlebits said:
I'm not sure what is going on with this update, I found some other users on Google which also got this update in their Windows Updates, but it appears that most users didn't get it.

According to all the info I can find, this is a pre-release not a final version.

Microsoft appears to have remove details for KB2855265, maybe the update was recalled because of problems and Microsoft just didn't let anyone know.

I have two systems running MSE and neither one got this update from Windows Updates.

Download links on Microsoft are still hosting v.4.2.223.0 but you can get the pre-release from Softpedia.

Here's the update -

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=kb2855265

>

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Littlebits said:

dunno :D
But it's not the first time that MS tries to cover it's tracks of unsuccessful security update

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
acme said:
Littlebits said:

Here's the update -

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=kb2855265

>

LOL!
Capture.jpg

Stupid MS

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It looks like Microsoft withdrawn this update- http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/update-for-microsoft-security-essentials-432150/87ce1845-9fcd-4e89-8734-b29ad836a628

I downloaded the catalog package which includes separate installers in all languages unmarked total of 789 MB (66 Files). I'm still trying to find the English installer since all are listed as English but they are all different languages.

iqu.png

gqq8.png

ien.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.