On Sale! 55% OFF RollBack RX Pro

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
About 6 hours left... Hope its enough time to get this good software :)
upload_2017-10-13_8-55-17.png

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
This is good software and I almost purchased 3 (expensive) licenses. But I decided against it when my Windows Insider Builds simply refused to install. I had to uninstall the trial version. Potential buyers should be aware RRX Pro may cause an in-place OS upgrade to fail. YMMV, but I would strongly recommend you test drive the software for full compatibility before purchase.

The solution? Macrium Reflect. I take 4 incremental backups daily and if Windows ever gets hosed I just restore the latest image. All done in 15 minutes.

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Potential buyers should be aware RRX Pro may cause an in-place OS upgrade to fail. .

I was almost to crash my OS using Rollback Rx for several times. One should be careful with this program and it is recommended to make a backup. I use Rollback Rx on my second lap which I use for some experiments. I use a free version that allows me to make 7 snapshots but it is enough me. So, I don't need
a Pro version.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@NikolayfromRussia @Vivek J. Mundkur now you tell me guys that it may cause some problems.
I won a license from the MT giveaway.
I installed Roll Back, i decided to uninstall it and reinstall it but then...
Windows wouldn't boot and after a lot of effort and big luck i managed to reinstall Windows.
So for now i think i will not install it on my system until i get more information about it.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
@NikolayfromRussia @Vivek J. Mundkur now you tell me guys that it may cause some problems.

Yes, it is a very interesting program. You don't know when it crashes your system :unsure:. For me it happened when I tried to uninstall some snapshots or Rollback Rx itself. My advice for everyone is to make a backup before using Rollback Rx. It is better to uninstall at PC startup when Rollback launches (but not from windows control panel/uninstall)

Last edited:

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Windows wouldn't boot and after a lot of effort and big luck i managed to reinstall Windows. So for now i think i will not install it on my system until i get more information about it.

As a licensed user you should report this to the publishers of RRX Pro. They need to know some installations or uninstall routines are causing Windows to fail the boot process.

I did not report my findings to Horizon Datasys because my PC was running a 30 day trial.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
As a licensed user you should report this to the publishers of RRX Pro. They need to know some installations or uninstall routines are causing Windows to fail the boot process.

I did not report my findings to Horizon Datasys because my PC was running a 30 day trial.

Yes, he (tonibalas) can report them about this as he has a license. Moreover he can claim for a refund :). I wonder if Horizon refund him :). I know a guy who received a 2 year norton mobile code from a giveaway (for this giveaway a credit card required). After a while he contacted Norton and asked for refund (the code was unused). And he was refunded

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My system crashed when i tried to uninstall Roll Back Rx.
I did have a back up of W7 in external HDD but when i connected it to my laptop it wouldn't recognize that it was there.
Anyway when i will have some time i will contact support and let them know about the issue.
It seems to be a good software but needs to solve some matters to be even better.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I missed this deal unfortunately- otherwise I would have had no hesitation in buying a license for my laptop.

My previous experience of Rollback RX has only been positive. I have had very few problems with the software and find it a very useful "safety net" when experimenting with new programs, or recovering previous versions of files. I don't think its meant to be a backup solution like Macrium- it is just there to help get you out of emergency situations. It would also allow the user to quickly recover from ransomware or malware attacks.

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@crezz for testing new software i use Shadow Defender.
I also use it when i do some testing with malware.
As for Roll Back RX i do think it's a nice software but from my experience it needs to be polished.
From the little time i used it i saw that it does it's job good.
The creation of a baseline and taking a snapshot of the system is done really quick.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.