Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
question to Rehips:
when stay a stable version to disposal?
also available in German language?
Release date is not yet disclosed. Follow the Rehips topic in this forum and when they do someone will post it.
About multi language i asked and will post on the Rehips topic when they reply.

EDIT:Also asked about process hollowing and process injection even though i am sure it can't be done because isolated application don't have access to other processes but i asked so we can have an official confirmation. Even asked about not isolated applications.

Last edited:

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Umbra @hjlbx Since you opened great and informative conversation then I really need to clear this if you could answer me brothers please...

I have a PC with Windows 10 x64 system. I don't have any Virtual Desktop and I am not testing, analyzing any malwares on my system.
I just use my PC for browsing, emailing, chatting, as every normal user do but my Computer Security knowledge is Advanced ;) so I don't care of browsing Phishing, Malware, Adware, ... sites even downloading malwares since I have Ublock Origin with different filters applied.

Now I need to fully protect my Windows 10 x64 system with a full HIPS software, Will ReHIPS do that for me? or I need another HIPS sotware beside it like ESET, SpyShelter, Comodo?

Thank you very much brothers ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DardiM

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@Rebsat: ReHIPS is still in closed beta. It is not a finished product like the other softwares you are comparing it to. IMHO just add voodooshield to your emisoft, and you are good.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
But where do you get weaponized dll injections? from apps you got from "unknown/suspicious" sources. so if you don't run those apps first isolated , that is your fault.
so that is the advantage of ReHIPS over default/deny. You can still run it, even if you don't trust it. just run it isolated.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
so that is the advantage of ReHIPS over default/deny. You can still run it, even if you don't trust it. just run it isolated.
Exactly. Anything you don't trust or think that it can be exploited should be run isolated.

H

hjlbx

it does bro, in the virtual desktop ; Fixer said it.

If I interpreted what he said, the code injection, process hollow, memory scraping, etc isn't blocked - but any "damage" is limited to the isolated environment.

Think about it... TorrentLocker allowed to run - will perform hollow process (the HIPS does not block) - but the encryption of the files is limited to the isolated environment.

The HIPS itself doesn't block code injection, dll injection, process hollow, memory scraping, etc; what is blocked is file and registry system access. I think that is what he meant.

D

Deleted member 178

If I interpreted what he said, the code injection, process hollow, memory scraping, etc isn't blocked - but any "damage" is limited to the isolated environment.

Think about it... TorrentLocker allowed to run - will perform hollow process (the HIPS does not block) - but the encryption of the files is limited to the isolated environment.

The HIPS itself doesn't block code injection, dll injection, process hollow, memory scraping, etc; what is blocked is file and registry system access. I think that is what he meant.

so maybe it is the reason why it doesn't bock those vectors directly, because they will run in an IE.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Some vendor HIPS are behind in their capabilities on 64-bit systems - for just a single example Datpol (SpyShelter).
I made a feature request to spyshelter, for process hollowing protection.
they responded: "Can you show me example of this "process hollow" ?"

does anyone have an example for them?

D

Deleted member 178

I made a feature request to spyshelter, for process hollowing protection.
they responded: "Can you show me example of this "process hollow" ?"

does anyone have an example for them?

they just making fun of you...they knows exactly what it is, and how it works and how to replicate one... if not, i feel sorry for their customers...

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
they just making fun of you...they knows exactly what it is, and how it works and how to replicate one... if not, i feel sorry for their customers...
and I did not post the uncomplimentary remarks that came along with their rude request...

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
and I did not post the uncomplimentary remarks that came along with their rude request...
Why do you care and want to show them info. If they are not capable to run a simple test on their own why would you try their software even when they are rude. Move on and ignore them. Some companies have 0 understanding on how much good customer support would benefit them.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Why do you care and want to show them info. If they are not capable to run a simple test on their own why would you try their software even when they are rude. Move on and ignore them. Some companies have 0 understanding on how much good customer support would benefit them.
I never gave them a penny in my life. I just grab giveaways...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.