Advice Request A few questions about 360 TS

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Just switched from avast + sandboxie to a 360 TS + Comodo firewall combo
was just wondering does anyone still use this product?
also, does this product auto update the bitdefender and avira engines? and if so how often? and when?
You should change your avatar :p
How about an avatar, with a ... penguin ? :D

Edited;
It had sense when the OP avatar was still AVAST logo

Last edited:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Mainly I was wondering about auto-update. I sat on the computer for around 2 hours this morning and it did not auto update. Then i ran a manual one and avira engine had a update. wondering if thats a flaw in my installation or if thats just how this product is and if it hampers detection rates...

R

Ramona

I use Qihoo since the first public version of Internet Security. The signatures are updated twice a day for both engines (you need to let the product update by itself don't worry if it did't update that day you installed the product).

If you wanna use it with Comodo you should install the TSE version :)

Y

yigido

Why do you need Sandboxie and Qihoo? you already have "Comodo firewall" which has sandbox.
Use proactive configuration in settings and no need for an AV nor updates.
Use your browsers in Comodo sandbox, just click on the browser icon on Comodo desktop widget ;)

Edit: You have Windows 10 (*) You can use Windows defender for you realtime AV need

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Qihoo has the capability to exist with other security software. So no problem pairing it with other security software.

it won't crash. Files are accessed by one of the two security software. If it clears it as safe then it is accessed by second security software. If second security software also sees it as safe then it is allowed to run.

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
Just switched from avast + sandboxie to a 360 TS + Comodo firewall combo
was just wondering does anyone still use this product?
also, does this product auto update the bitdefender and avira engines? and if so how often? and when?
Yes. I still use it. I am using Q360TSE + Comodo firewall + autosandbox. Yes. It will auto update. You have to leave it for a while. I usually restart my computer and go about my own way.

As long as you are connected to the internet, Qihoo's cloud is pretty good.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Because of the Comodo's auto-sandbox and you will also have the firewall.

:)
do you mean that some element in 360TS conflicts with comodo auto-sandbox and firewall?
or do you mean that because you have comodo auto-sandbox and firewall, thereby you don't need some element in 360TS?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am still trying to understand why people recommend the TSE version if you intend to combo it with COMODO

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Doesn't Qihoo include a Sandbox? How effective is it compared to SBIE and Comodo Sandbox?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Doesn't Qihoo include a Sandbox? How effective is it compared to SBIE and Comodo Sandbox?
Qihoo 360 TS(E) actually has a sandbox (to be found in the "tools" section, but last time I tested it had to be used manually and did not support all file formats.
I'd use Comodo Firewall (free) instead, it can be set to auto-sandbox, being backed up by both HIPS and VirusScope if turned on, and judging from my log on my main PC, it does guard the system quite well. However, I'm new to CF, maybe there are some Comodo experts out there?
How to use 360 Sandbox | 360 Total Security Blog

sandbox0.JPGsandbox1.JPG sandbox2.JPG sandbox3.JPG sandbox4.JPG

Reactions: nikos200
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.