Troubleshoot A few questions about Intel Optane.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, I have a i3-7100 and it tells me that it is compatible with Intel ® Optane. I wonder if it is a RAM memory and if it is compatible with Chrome OS (Cloudready). It's to build a PC. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

D

Deleted member 65228

This one? Especificações do produto Intel® Core™ i3-7100 Processor (3M Cache, 3.90 GHz)

2aWLuk.jpg

Intel Optane is allegedly supported with the processor you mentioned according to Intel themselves, but double check to make sure we're referring to the same CPU.

Intel also allegedly confirmed before the release of Optane that it would only support 7th generation CPUs of Intel i3, Intel i5 and Intel i7.

You can read the old article here: Intel reveals Optane will need a 7th-gen core and a PC-centric launch

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65228

Thank you. and is it compatible with Chrome OS? Or is it only compatible with Windows 10? Best regards.
Visão geral e requisitos de memória Intel® Optane™

The official website only lists Windows 10 x64 on the minimum requirements list, but that is interesting because I'd have thought it'd work with other operating system's as well (maybe not then...).

XdZYtD.jpg

I wouldn't risk it if I were you to then find out it doesn't work with Chrome OS, I'd stick to the information on the official website.

It seems that they have OS-level software to be used in combination with the hardware so this would explain the compatibility issues regarding other operating system's. It's possible they will introduce support for other operating system environment's in the future if this is the case, I'm sure the actual hardware would not have an issue with it, but that it's a situation of the software. This is speculation though, I'm no hardware nor firmware engineer.

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
So it can be used as a disk and as RAM? Sorry, but I don't understand English very much. I'm using a translator. Thank you.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.